1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Do you think VR makes you faster in racing games ?

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by PIM1, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    - 44Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    I consider that the VR immerses you in the game, and even more with the simulator, you would have to see your times per race, to know if it really improves your driving skills, but I think you get more distracted with the VR lenses
  2. GT3 Porsche

GT3 Porsche New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  3. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Vive

Balance:
    3,660Coins
    Ratings:
    +693 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I don’t get distracted by the lenses. I think where @Chriss is going is with god rays but in daylight or brightly-lit scenes, they really arent visible at all to be distracting.

On night tracks with lots of headlights and track lights, it might be more of an issue.
  4. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a scratch in my glasses (not VR-glasses, regular glasses) and get the god-rays all day. You get used to it I think.
  5. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL New Member

Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And about VR in general, because you can aim where you are looking at you will never be blocked by a carpillar or by the edge or limit of your monitor. And because you can move your head in stead of being static, you do have an extra dimension, an extra way to look around. It makes it a lot easier for your brain to determine the shape of a corner, curbstone or anything else. I think it is a great advantage over a 2D image, which only had resolution as an advantage.

So yes, I do think VR makes you faster. But is does not look sharp enough for me.