1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial Diy switec Dashboard with menu

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by tombo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,
    as promised I will post Pictures of the finished Speed Dash.
    I finally recieved all Parts and have assambled the Pcb. In the middle around the needle leds, there is some elastic foam to prevent mixing with the outer leds when coloures are used.
    28.jpg 29.jpg

I used some thicker isolation tabe to cover although the sides while making the little front cover ring. This solutions works the best to prevent backlight come trough.
    31.jpg 30.jpg 32.jpg

After assemlbing everything together i again covered the outside with some carbon style foil. The frontglass looks still a bit messy of some hotglue from applying the outer ring. I will clean that later.
    33.jpg 34.jpg

Here are some pictures of different colours
    35.jpg 36.jpg

Here you can see all of the modules I've mde for now. Later they will all be connected to a single arduino control unit.
    37.jpg

and last but not least, a video of the Dash in action.

Now everything worked out fine I can start order parts for the Rpm one and update the small Gauges to the pcb design.
    I'm also in contact with some firms to find the correct way to make the foils, at first i will try some digital print.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. kon

kon New Member

Balance:
    234Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Can you please post schematics so far? The picture on the first page does not mention which board is which.
  3. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,
    the Picture on the first page is out dated sorry, while building this project I changed many things. Therfore I would like to post only final schematics and code.
    I don't know what you mean with which board is which, as the driver chip names are present in this picture.
    Here you have an updated Version. That's my progress so far.
    Unbenannt-1.jpg
    I don't know anything of drawing schematics, but I hope it's readable for you. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Note that this is only the control unit, Motors, Leds and so on are not included in this schematic.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kon

kon New Member

Balance:
    234Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oh my fault. I was searching for "1062, display" or something but you've named it lcd. Will you post the arduino code at some point?
  5. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello, sorry for my late reply, The this is still in building pahse and I have no time at the moment to work on this Project. If i get it finished, I'll release complete schematics, pcb layouts and code. Hope I have more free time in the future.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kon

kon New Member

Balance:
    234Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ohh :(. I think so far you've done great, i'm following you're build with excitement. I think it's the most multi-purpose built i've seen so far. Nice work. Thank you a lot.
  7. Donavan

Donavan New Member

Balance:
    72Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Nice work. Very high quality!
    Looks like an original car dash.
    Tears