1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY H-shifter CSL Elite

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by niclasf, Oct 29, 2021.

1. niclasf

niclasf New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi,

This is my first post here. I have made my own h-shifter compatible with my Fanatec CSL Elite PlayStation edition.

Here is a short YouTube video that show it in action.

Details can be found here, https://foogadgets.blogspot.com/2021/10/sim-racing-h-shifter.html
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. clintonium-119

clintonium-119 New Member

Balance:
    - 18Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful, compact design. Thanks for sharing
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LuisG

LuisG New Member

Balance:
    76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Very nice. Considering building one, just cant source these locally:

• 1x MCP6N11-010E/SN-ND MCP6N11-010E
    • 1x 223-1562-1-ND G-MRCO-037
    • 2x 31-AH3574-P-ACT-ND AH3574-P-A
    Any possible replacements?
  4. LuisG

LuisG New Member

Balance:
    76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. niclasf

niclasf New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    In theory this one works, but then you have to make your own electrical circuit solution. The output is either I2C or analog. The analog signal is PWM where you need to add a filter to smooth out the output. You will need to look for an angle sensor that uses a wheatstone bridge output. Resistors in the bridge should be magnetoresistive.
  6. niclasf

niclasf New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    The 6N11 is an instrumental amplifier. You need to look for something where you can add an offset to the differential signal in order to get an output signal that go from about 0V to about 3.3V. There are probably many replacements, but choosing components is tedious work. I have selected components that work and can not promise that it will work with something else.

A replacement to G-MRCO-037 (a.k.a. KMT37) would be a sensor that measures the magnetic orientation using a wheatstone bridge. There are many out there, and it seem like many of them are pin compatible. You only need one with one sensor, but there are other that include two sensors in one IC and that would be OK as well.

The AH1807 can replace the AH3574. You need to look for a hallsensor switch that preferably have a smith trigger output. I is also preferable to have it omnipolar so that you do not need to care about the magnet orientation. It must be an open collector or open drain output.

If you send me a message I might be able to help you with components since I have some leftovers.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LuisG

LuisG New Member

Balance:
    76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Thanks a lot
    But still hard to find KMT37 (at least not without absurd shipping)
    Oh I forgot to mention that I dont need it to be compatible with Fanatec gear.
    Probably that broadens my options?
    I would be using it together with a diy wheel I'm building, that uses EMC firmware (stm32 firmware that was recomended on the forum)
    It essentially expects just X and Y potentiometer/hall signals, thats why I thought of the AS5600.
    Any particular reason it would not work? Looks like it would be relatively simple to adapt it to the mechanical structure you designed.
  8. niclasf

niclasf New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Oh, then you can choose whatever you'd like. Then I actually encourage you to use the AS5600. It has all you need in one capsule and you can just mount any module you find with that chip onto the X-block.