1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY G-seat Insert using 1 AC Servo - WIP

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by sberns, Dec 6, 2019.

1. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    407Coins
    Ratings:
    +67 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Haven’t had a ton of time to use the rig lately but everything continues to hold up really well. No more repairs / adjustments needed over the last little while. With the power available in this system, it can almost be overwhelming and excessive to the point that you get pushed in the wrong direction. I’m quite happy with it but always looking to improve further. I would say the biggest issue that I’ve found is that the motion is not quite as linear as I was hoping it would be. It’s not on/off, but if you imagine the arc of a circle, the beginning and end of the motion is less linear than the middle. You can overcome the lack of linearity at the upper extreme by adjusting the axis limits and min/max values, but smaller motion cues are less pronounced than with my previous gseats. This is a design related limitation, and one I’m willing to accept.

I am going to try one other approach - I bought a rib vest and will attach the bowden wires directly. So rather than paddles pushing against my back and sides, the rib vest will pull my body against the side of the seat. I’m not sure it work well (might be too low on my body) but I’ll be giving that a try in the coming weeks.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020