1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom DIY force feedback steering wheel, using DC motor. based on MMOS

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by ahoenksiluman, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Lesmore222

Lesmore222 Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Old phone new phone I am just glad you posted the video. What Sieben said does make sense as far as testing though. I cannot imagine how many hours you must have spent building this rig...Keep up the good work.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ahoenksiluman

ahoenksiluman Member

Balance:
    540Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    you need better proper workbench to do that like you say, and i only have what i got...

but btw, action and reaction is equal. steering wheel pull the scale or me pull the scale when the soft lock hits, that will bring around the same number...

and thats why i do it when the leverage on top, thats eliminating the gravity too...
  3. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    2,228Coins
    Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -0
    I mean it jumps back and forth. With turned wheel and then spring applied, more convenient.
  4. ahoenksiluman

ahoenksiluman Member

Balance:
    540Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    it jumped because my psu cant handle 100% power needed, thats why i assume the result is 2kg....my psu already old, it cant handle full load in long time, burst only...the result jump to 1.9+kg because the voltage have little bit drop....
  5. Nikiss999

Nikiss999 New Member

Balance:
    249Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, AC motor
    Wow new wheel is a lot stronger!
    Are you using htd 5m for pulleys? They look like they are 3d printed.
    Did you have a lot of problems attaching that pulley to your motor?
    I have a car cooling fan motor which has ~0.75 Nm at max power and have trouble attaching pulley to it, the thing is totally round.
    Btw my wheel picture is a complete joke. Htd 3m motor pulley (super glued) is skipping teeth and whole construction is flimsy. It will probably have to go to htd 5M
    dc shaft.jpg

Attached Files:

6. ahoenksiluman

ahoenksiluman Member

Balance:
    540Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    more update...

this is me test the motor driver bts7960/ibt2, its obviously can deliver high apms in my experience...

but you must concern about voltage and temp, its little bit sensitive...

its safer around 22v or lower...
    in my setup, i use 18.8v...
    • Like Like x 1