1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

DIY FFB Steering wheel (MMosFFB ) (In Progress)

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Alexey, Dec 10, 2015.

1. nopilpl

nopilpl New Member

Balance:
    168Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    There are pictures https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_G_-_kqGZVxCenb7xiu78xC1RdeLc20y
  2. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    1,678Coins
    Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -0
    If there were the diode bridge connection schmatics, it doesn't mean that an ordinary AC-DC power rectifier diode bridge, shall be used. This is absolutly wrong application for them here.

Special ultrafast switching diodes are used as the flybacks. And that is the point.
  3. Noob_Kat97

Noob_Kat97 New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello there im new here

Currently having problem with the encoder
    Using leonardo and bts7960 as driver
    Using aiwave software and hex file(i think you know this)

So do i i need resistor or not bcuz somehow using emc 0.93v lite can detect it while the aiwave doesnt
    Link of encoder just in case
    h
    //m.made-in-china.com/product/Lpd3806600bm-G5-24c-Ab-Two-Phase-5-24V-600-Pulses-Incremental-Optical-Rotary-Encoder-813975175.html
  4. Noob_Kat97

Noob_Kat97 New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Hello there!
    Currently progressing here
    The current problem solved but now a new problem arised
    Im Im using a 150w motor dc with stall current listed as 12.5A
    According to the builds ive had seen in this forum,i need at least 30A psu for the motor to work

My question is does combining more 12 v wires will solve the problem or i need bigger amps psu or do i need to build a soft start / like in the forum for the psu to stop shutting down itself when the motor wants to change its direction?
    I tried to lower the main gain but failed idk why...
    (Im using atx psu for comp btw)
  5. Sieben

Sieben Active Member

Balance:
    1,678Coins
    Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -0
    U need to get rid of the pc psu shut down protection. U don't need 30a psu to get start with or at all.
    Connect all the wires properly, and don't touch em. And only then turn on the psu. You may need to do it several times, and even without extra work on pc psu, in order it doesn't run in shut down. It is tested and this is working 100%.
  6. Noob_Kat97

Noob_Kat97 New Member

Balance:
    31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Thanks very much
    Really appreciated your response :D