1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question DIY DD Wheel?

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Grimspyder, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Grimspyder

Grimspyder New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    146Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hope everyone is doing well.

I have couple questions in the DIY DD Sim wheel, build world.

1st - I've noticed that on all (at least the ones i have visited) sites which have the MiGE motors as part of a package of a DD setup, say that they are discontinued. Is there a new motor or a new setup for doing a DIY DD setup?

2nd - (sorry if this info is there, but i couldn't find my answer looking thru the forums. ) Currently I'm OCONUS at an APO, I have not been able to find a source where i can get the 130st-M15015 100000PPR Encoder Servo shipped to me. I have seen other motors on ebay/amazon which i think i can get shipped to me. But' I'm not sure if those motors will work with this (https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simucube-diy-thread.9543/#post-122126) build.
    How do I know or what specs do i need to look for, to see if i can substitute another motor on place of the 130st-M15015 100000PPR.

Thanks
  2. Hikari Voss

Hikari Voss New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can still buy mige 130st servo motors from alibaba and aliexpress.
    If you are in the EU or UK here are some mige 130st m15015/m15010 with 10000ppr encoders. They are a bit more expensive than buying from alibaba but I haven't found and 10000ppr encoder upgrades for the mige 130st motors.
  3. Hikari Voss

Hikari Voss New Member

Balance:
    82Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

https://www.cnc-spezialist.de/mige-130st-m10010-mit-10-000-ppr-encoder-341-en.html?language=en

https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/new-products/osw-direct-drive-steering-system?id=654478