1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY Arduino Buttonbox

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by TOPMO3, Mar 28, 2016.

1. moaale

moaale IAN MRTIN

NN
    Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT
    Thanks noorbeast, you're right, thanks for the help, I also found the error because I didn't have the correct joystick library.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JustJay

JustJay New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hey everyone, new here just looking at the hydraulic pedal projects and saw this post. In no way am I saying there's anything wrong with this method, just saying you can save that Arduino for a way cooler project or any of the other millions of ways to use it. You can build a button box with a ton of buttons and no coding period, not even the copy and paste Arduino studio examples. They sell these on eBay and Amazon, they're called USB encoders and they're about 5$ with the leads and cable. They're made for restoring or remaking arcade games I think. Anyways I just built one about 2 months ago and it turned out awesome for roughly 20-30 Total. I even cut out a spot for an old tablet inside the box loaded with SimHub. You can even get by cheaper than that if you have some parts laying around. Most expensive thing for me was a plastic electrical junction box that was the perfect size and really strong and it was about $18. The encoder is plug and play via USB cable. Just plug the leads onto the board and use whatever buttons switches or whatever else you can't think of the find a new or donor box that will suffice and you're set. I have a couple 3d printers so I did a little extra and printed button ID bezels like you would see in a race car then mounted it to my rig and it's been great every since. I have a charge cable for the tablet and the USB encoders cord running out of the back and even the old micro USB cable that ALWAYS manages to fail still works. I use simple 3 pole, momentary, and toggle switches same as you would find in a race car. Even worked in an emergency shutoff and push button ignition that are functional all on a 5$ USB encoders board. I saved my Arduino for some that would make better use of its capabilities, hope this helps someone out there.