1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIY - Actuator feasibilty

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by devincox, Jan 20, 2009.

1. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,540Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    I have seen them a long time ago
    Somewhere on there site they say 120rpm advice 300 rpm in special conditions
    They are to slow
    regards Ad
  2. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    From webpage: Acme screws are most commonly used at 100 rpm or less, with some applications running in the 300 rpm range. Because of their relatively low efficiency, when faster traverse rates are needed, Hileads(r), Torqsplines(r) or Ballscrews should be considered. --> so we looking Torqsplines so rpm isnt problem.
  3. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    969Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Silly Question huys so i appologize in advance :blush: do the SCN Actuator back drive when not powered?
  4. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Yes, they do! So i have to power the SCN5 everytime up before i get into my seat. Otherwise my bodyweight (dont wanna say a**:D ) push the scn5 against their internal mechanical ends, and risk of damage is high...

So back to the Torqsplines :)