1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom DIY 3dof Dbox Style Rig with 4 x 750 Watt Linear Actuators 100 mm

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Ringorumble, May 10, 2018.

1. vulbas

vulbas Active Member

Balance:
    1,095Coins
    Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hello.
    I am building mine.
    thank you for all the work you have done.
    my only regret, not being able to use simtool with the arduino card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  2. sci666

sci666 Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    939Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    hi there, are 750watt servo motors really needed ??? i mean a worm gear sim rig with levers works with 120watt Motors. 750 for a linear one is so much over the top, isnt it ? whats the minimum servo recommended ? the electricity bill will thank you :D
  3. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,672Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Its 750watt at 100% load. These can go for up to 300% load without tripping...
    Under normal operation you get from 30w to 100w ( unless you crash a lot...)

https://youtube.com/shorts/igyFa4nO3UA?feature=share