1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DIRT2 Issues

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by bsft, Apr 19, 2011.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, had anyone got Dirt2 running with a wiper motor setup please? I am having issues getting DIRT2 to work with the x-sim programs.
    Thanks, David.
  2. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dirt 2 run on my motion simulator with X-Sim
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, have you copied all the files from the dirt2, being OUTnsr, outsim, outsim2, dirt2 plugin?. I was not sure whether to copy all of them or not.
    Thanks for the help.
    Regards, David.
  4. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand your question! I'm sorry, I have a bad English I'm French.
    I just selected the dirt 2 plugin in force sender.
    you have to change data in Documents\My Games\DiRT2\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config
    open it with notepad and replace <motion enabled=false ip...... /> by <motion enabled=true ip=127.0.0.1 port=20777 delay=1 extradata=1 />
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats ok, thanks for the help. I need to get the force values sorted anyway first. Its a headache starting and exiting a game to change settings. That and for some reason the motion stops after a change especially in game. I have to reload force settings in math to get is to work properly.
    :sos:
  7. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    bs did you change the line of data that says extradata=1? you need to open the config xml file and make certain the ip is correct , see thread below

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2257
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, yes I already did that, twice. :happy:
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Woohoo!!! got DIRT2 and GRID working!! I had to set my own values in the math section. This stopped the motion loss problem. More mucking around getting the settings right but it worked! I also changed the datapacket at simulator stop number to ~221~, and the value changed to 2-2-1. I do not know if this helped though. GRID sometimes still crashes when I go from a race back to the main menu. Dirt2 works fine. The pc seems to handle the lot fine. I run GRID at full stick graphics, which puts a reasonable load on the cpu.
    See pics.
    I have linked videos of game play, of the 8 year old kid and the 37 year old kid playing.

Thanks again to everyone that helped. Love all your efforts!
    Video links attached. I will add more motion setting values later. At this stage I have lateral force and longitudal force.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9oxOk_jXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrlzl3Ie7Z8