1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Diablo2112's 4-axis SFX-100 build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by diablo2112, Jul 2, 2019.

1. diablo2112

diablo2112 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    499Coins
    Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Motion platform, 4DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thefost

thefost New Member

Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that racedepartment shopping list is super helpful.
  3. diablo2112

diablo2112 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    499Coins
    Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Motion platform, 4DOF
    A couple of pics to add to my settings for use of a 0.6mm nozzle to print parts in under 100 hours. See my post, above, for details. These pics document how changes to your slicer can effect surface finish. PM me or drop a question here if you need further explanation/info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hoddem

Hoddem Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    2,816Coins
    Ratings:
    +535 / 2 / -0
    hey @diablo2112, awesome build. I am starting my own actuator build and I was wondering if you feel the seat motion is worth having in addition to the actuators. I already have a 2dof rig and I'm torn on whether to incorporate the seat motion into my new build.. Also do you run roll on your seat motion, or do you feel that it is unnecessary because the chassis already does roll. I could see using the chassis actuators for pitch, roll and heave and then just the seat for pitch.
  5. Lgars39

Lgars39 Member

Balance:
    - 12Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    With all this beautiful material, you will be able to blow the record
  6. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    @Hoddem i also started with a seat mover and then incorporated other DIY systems, including the SFX project. I can say that IMO the two systems work EXTREMELY well together and I would definitely consider trying to get them to work in tandem. If I turn off my seat mover, the sfx system is still awesome, but things feel more natural and immersive with both working together.

My setup:
    Seat mover: Surge, Sway
    SFX: Heave, Pitch, Roll
    GSeat: Surge, Sway
    Belt Tensioner: Surge
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Hoddem

Hoddem Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    2,816Coins
    Ratings:
    +535 / 2 / -0
    So with your seat mover and the sfx100 what is each doing when you turn left at high speed. I assume the rig rolls right, but then does the chair roll left for sway?
  8. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    273Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    When turning, SFX (roll) represents the movement of the chassis and hence it moves the rig in the same direction as the turn; it’s not usually big movement (ie usually the cars we drive in a sim have stiff suspensions and do not have much body roll). The Gseat and seat mover attempt to represent the g-forces experienced, and hence tilt only the seat (and apply body pressure) in the opposite direction to the turn. Again, not big movements (as I find less is more) but when tuned properly, it all feels very natural and immersive.
    • Agree Agree x 1