1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Desktop gauges needles stutter & bounce

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by SlickR, Sep 23, 2009.

1. SlickR

SlickR New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    My desktop gauges needles are stuttering and bouncing around.
    They do this no matter which I choose.
    They bounce from zero to the value they should be at and then go back to zero very rapidly.
    Everything used to work perfectly, then it started doing this strange behavior.
    I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled x-sim, but to no avail.
    The same problem still occurs. :cnotb:
    Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

* The number gauges do this stuttering too.
    ** Vista64 is problem machine, but my network client x-sim on XP does gauges A-OK while the Vista64 machine has the stutter.
    I run both at same time with same gauges as a test.
  2. SlickR

SlickR New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I fixed it!
    It seems that the client machine was the problem.
    When I removed it from network manager, all worked 100%

So this is too bad since I wanted to run gauges on both machines.
    Now I moved everything back onto my Vista64 machine.

but I am happy since now the gauges don't flicker anymore, yea!
  3. netwizrm

netwizrm Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello SlickR,

Just to understand what you did to resolve this problem; you are now running everything from one machine, X-SIM software, game and gauges, on your Vista64 system, good stuff :thbup: So what are the specs of you Vista64 system?

Thanks

Robert