1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Departed Reality 6DOF system for sale

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by GoFlying, Jul 21, 2023.

1. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I’ve been absent for a while, had an accident and have had to have back surgery and have been told that I cannot even think about a 6dof system anymore…so… I am looking to sell my 500mm actuators and associated stuff.
    Basically, all six actuators are meticulously assembled complete with 4 x 5 metre cables and 2 x 3 metre cable sets, all shielded cables. Servo drivers are all mounted in a Speegles rack - each driver has an individual emi filter. Thanos controller and remote is fitted to the rack - all very beautifully cabled and labeled. All 3d printed parts are in eSUN Super Tough PLA, all 3d parts are at least 60% infill except where 100% infill is called for. All have been printed at 0.16 layer height or less as required and are all finely finished. All nuts, bolts fittings etc are stainless steel. System comes with Departed Reality base frame brackets and hardware as yet unused, and also the cockpit kit bracket kit also unused. I’m also selling a very nice powerful water cooled computer on a neat roll around dolly to run everything.
    Location is West Sussex UK. I’d rather sell this for collection as it is a lot of heavy stuff to safely and securely crate up for transportation. I can take pictures of everything on request. Sensible enquiries only please.

Feel free to call me on 07968 819 122 if you have any questions. Thanks for reading.
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    pls add pics to help sell your items
  3. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Complete set of detailed pics available on request
  4. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As promised some pics below - more to follow if necessary.
    A couple of additional motes…All ball screws are Xiang Long high quality, low noise type and all have grease nipples fitted. Pics show one actuator - the other five are identical. Top end of the actuator has a 3mm sorbothane vibration ansorber under each ball joint. Pics show the Departed reality ball joints yet to be fitted. The five additional actuators (six in total) are identical to the one pictured.
    The Thanos controller remote is Velcro’d onto the front panel.
    All in all, it’s a carefully thought out and tidy installation.
    Each servo driver has a 10 amp EMI filter beneath it. The Power strip is fed by a 20 amp EMI filter. I chose to use a 9 way power strip to avoid the possibilities of ground loops. IMG_2761.jpeg IMG_2762.jpeg IMG_2764.jpeg IMG_2773.jpeg IMG_2772.jpeg IMG_2771.jpeg IMG_2770.jpeg IMG_2769.jpeg IMG_2768.jpeg IMG_2767.jpeg IMG_2766.jpeg IMG_2763.jpeg
  5. jasod943

jasod943 New Member

Balance:
    - 132Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hey , i'm looking for Thanos controller , if you can split all parts ;)
  6. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for asking. I’d rather sell everything complete at the moment but will get back yo you if I change my mind
  7. Fireblade69

Fireblade69 New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What sort of price you looking for?
  8. zarpioni

zarpioni New Member

Balance:
    - 3Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Pris?
  9. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    £3k please. All you’ll need is some base extrusion, cockpit extrusion and TR160 cockpit and seat for an amazing 6dof system. The servos and actuators are always the most expensive part of any build - this is an opportunity to save over £3k on the total build cost.
  10. stargazer

stargazer Active Member

Electrical/Computer Engineer
    Balance:
    811Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    that is a very good price!
  11. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Are you interested?
  12. tofftoff

tofftoff New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    74Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dear Goflying, I am very interested in your offer. Currently I have an SFX100 system but would like to experience using a full 6DOF system. I will be be in the UK shortly, if possible I could collect on the 9th Sept after agreeing a price with you.
  13. tadek

tadek Active Member

Balance:
    480Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2024