1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DD-Wheel with Hoverboard Motor

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Benu, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ronan Design

Ronan Design Roman Design - Custom MSFS Scenery

Web Designer, MSFS Scenery Designer
    Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Is it this one? https://github.com/benjaf/hoverboard-firmware-hack-esk8
    No instructions there. I think I found the original - it is complicated. Those drivers I mentioned also accept PWM, but it looks like it's just a single PWM input for both directions. SMC3 seem to need ENA and ENB in both modes. Not sure what those are, but I think they set direction? So I have no idea if SMC3 PWM can be output in compatible mode to set direction etc. when there is no ENA/ENB wiring that I can see on those drivers, and I think not on the hacked hoverboard boards either.
  2. kashalotas825

kashalotas825 New Member

Balance:
    8Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I've been researching these hoverboard DD wheels for a couple of days now, and it really seems like a great option for the price.

So far I have picked out:
    • 6.5'' 250W 36V hoverboard motor
    • ODrive-3.5 single motor driver
    • 12V 20A power supply
    • AS5048 magnetic encoder
    Because of packaging I thought that using a magnetic encoder would be far easier than making brackets and trying to somehow attach a rotary one. I've seen multiple people go this route and I was wondering if there was a go to solution for mounting, maybe someone could provide me with some info on what would need to get drilled, about using radial magnets or a magnet ring?