1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News DCS F-18 Training starts Saturday

Discussion in 'Digital Combat Simulators (DCS)' started by Zed, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    If anyone here is interested. Motion adds a whole level of challenge to aerial refueling... I’m not running this. Just sharing if there is interest.

http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.com/

DCS: F/A-18 Upcoming Training
    Introduction to DCS and F/A-18C Education for the Beginner

Date/Time: Start Feb 1st, Saturday at 8a PT, 11a ET, 1600 UTC
    Where: TeamSpeak @ ts3.digitalthemepark.com
    Requirements: DCS World Open Beta v2.5, TeamSpeak 3, DCS F/A-18C. Note: Don't worry if you are unsure about getting DCS from Eagle Dynamics or Steam as we can sort that out the first day.

We will be conducting a series of ongoing Saturday training sessions to introduce new aviators to DCS and the F/A-18C. No experience is necessary. If you have ever wanted to give DCS a try and have not known where to start, this is the event for you. Here are a few of the topics we cover in a calm and relaxed environment.

• What is DCS (Digital Combat Simulator)?
    • How does if differentiate and complement other simulators you may be used to.
    • Installation of DCS World Open Beta v2.5 (Eagle Dynamics and Steam delivery systems)
    • Navigating around the DCS Graphical User Interface (GUI).
    • Recommended settings for graphics (monitors and Virtual Reality(VR) headsets), audio, etc. specific to your hardware.
    • Configuring your controller(s) and recommended tuning, etc.
    • Optimal settings for TeamSpeak 3. Later in the course, we will complement the audio with Simple Radio System (SRS) and provide setup and configuration.
    • Introduction to the multi-role F/A18C Hornet fighter aircraft.
    • Tour of the cockpit and systems overview.
    • Preflight, startup, taxi, takeoff, and shutdown procedures.
    • Heads-Up Display (HUD), Up-Front Controller (UFC), and the Integrated Fuel & Engine Indicator (IFEI).
    • Visual Flight Rules (VFR) patterns and airfield landings.
    • Automatic Direction Finder (ADF) and Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN) Navigation.
    • Waypoint Navigation.
    • MIDS/Link16 Datalink and Situational Awareness (SA) Display.
    • Flight Performance Advisory System (FPAS)
    • Formation Flying and Tanker Refueling
    • Carrier Operations, Taxi, Takeoff, and CASE I Recovery.
    • Carrier Operations for CASE III Recovery
    • 20-mm M61 Vulcan Gun (Air-to-Air Mode).
    • AIM-9L/M "Sidewinder" Short Range Air-to-Air Missile.
    • AIM-7 "Sparrow" Short Range Air-to-Air Missile.
    • AIM-120B/C Medium-Range Air-to-Air Misslie.
    • Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode.
    • Air-to-Ground (AG) Rockets and Gun.
    • AUTO to CCIP Bombing and Unguided Bombs.
    • Litening II Pod and Laser Guided Bombs.
    • AGM-65F and AGM-65E Maverick Bombs.
    • AGM-62 ER/DL Walleye II Bomb.
    • AGM-88C HARM Missile.
    • AGM-84D Harpoon.
    • AGM-154A and AGM-154C, JSOW and JDAM Bombs.

These are events you will not want to miss. We shall see you there on TeamSpeak at ts3.digitalthemepark.com
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    This is sooo tempting. I spent time learning the F/A-18 a while back and now have forgotten even how to cold start. This would be perfect for me. It is rare to find people that will help beginners learn without locking them into a group/organization.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Had a great time in the seminar and I do plan on attending more. Thanks for sharing this with our community.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Glad you liked it. The core group is really a nice group of guys (and gal). Zoo is a really good guy and has been setting up the military and flight schools with flight sim stations with VR so is really into this stuff. I heard the head count was 32 today. Don't know how many will keep doing it, but it should be a fun set of lessons and not today's lesson, but I have picked up a lot from the other flyers. Good place to fly if nothing else.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1