1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Datapacket sent at simulatorstop motor position don't work!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by AldoZ, Apr 9, 2011.

1. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hello all,

A little question 'cause just this morning I can't use my platform:

When I push START button in X-SIM so my 3 motor arms go in middle position using this command:

Datapacket sent at simulatorstart ~221~~64~
    Ok this work fine.

when I push the STOP button, I would like to come back the engines at full height so I use this command :
    Datapacket sent at simulatorstop~255~~128~

But when I push the STOP button nothing happen. The motor arms remaining in the last positions reached.
    Why?
    Maybe I need to use the ~221~ command instead the ~255~?
    So maybe I need to use:
    Datapacket sent at simulatorstop~221~~128~

Or maybe the Datapacket sent at simulatorstop work when I turn off the sender instead when I push the STOP button?
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    gday nearly got it right. 255 is for motor stop and returns card to awaiting mode (yellow led flashing)

So try ~221~~128~~13~~255~ - Move motor to 128 pause(to allow motor to move) then stop and wait.
    Think this should work with mine i need 2 pauses.
    :hi:
  3. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hi mate, unfortunately the ~221~~128~~13~~255~ command don't work! :?

When I push the STOP button so simply nothing happen! and the motor arms remaining at the last reached position!..

If I think about the differences between mine and your platform so in first I think about you using the maestro card linked to your jrk12v12 (but I have not tried using two pause commands as you did).

Maybe the 221 command related with the 255 command can work only using the maestro controller???

however I notice that sometimes I get strange behavior from X-SIM, one of mine OUTPUT 1:1 Gforce math plugins was working until 2 days ago but yesterday NOT! and yesterday I get some strange block and crash in X-SIM software while I using X-SIM with test plugin and with rFactor plugin too.

(I am using windows7)
  4. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    not sure works on mine with direct connection no maestro
    windows 7 on profiler machine and senders on xp more stable for games i've found
  5. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Thank you mate, I've tried many times to obtain the Datapacket sent at simulatorstop command to work but nothing!

Strange thing because if the 221 command works when the simulator start so I don't understand why this command don't work when the simulator stop! :?

This is very boring because when I push the X-Sim STOP button so I need to use the Jrk config utility to restore the 3 legs max height position. (when my platform is off so all 3 legs are in max height position to avoid to have the spring compressed then the winch clutch stressed.)

Sure I need to reinstall win XP on my pc because using win7 I got many strange windows long pauses and various other little problems.
  6. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    one way around it is to set your start packet to 128 and press start and stop again. but again when sim starts with motion intially it might drop to position might not feel right. hmmm.
    Ya might have to ask the pololu forum on using 255 and 221 commands in the same command line if it causes a problem, for example if ya use the 221 without the 255 eg ~221~~128~ and use a hard wired switch to turn off motor power if needed. sorry coulldnt find a solution, os system cleanup might help but it does all work under win7.
  7. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ahh very good trick mate!! :yes: Since I can't use the Datapacket sent at simulatorstop command propely so I will use this method!

Simple but effective!
  8. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mind to share your video bro? :D
  9. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    yeah! I am in really total work on my platform (I could never imagine all the work that would be required and how many little/medium/big inconvenients can happen building that thing... :eek: ) and already made tests with rFactor with X-SIM with very great results! (mine friend 80kg sit in the seat and moved easly with the motors not at max power! all really over from what I thinking about! :) )

Tomorrow, If all will goes well so I will mount the monitor, wheel and pedals and sure I will shot some videos ;D