1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Dampening bar for wiper motors

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Thread, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Thread

Thread Member

Balance:
    295Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    In the SCN there is also a rotating mass, but guess they have a very good power/rotating-mass ratio motor.
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the information, that makes sense even to me! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about SMC3?

@Thread , Dunno......
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK

Try both and see what you prefer, I have Spring's on mine but it was an afterthought after the seat frame was already done and now requires modification to get a Smoother transition through the seat itself. Project for the future would be a set of Motor controlled belts.
  5. Thread

Thread Member

Balance:
    295Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Is there a project for this on this site? I hoped to make it simple but it won't be then :)
    another motor, another DOF.
    Though a simple spring could do the job but taking away too much force from seatmoving. Is that the reason for the motor?
  6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    No the Seat motor's have MORE than enough power to pull on a spring or 2. I just never designed the seat frame to include belts and spring tension.

No there is not a project for motor controlled belts..............yet.
    • Like Like x 1