1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

D-Box concept

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by emont69, Jun 12, 2008.

1. emont69

emont69 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone looked at the D-Box platform concept.
    It would seems that with 3 fairly inexpensive linear actuators capable of 2/s at 40lbs and 3 springs with a constant of 25 to 50 lbs/in, you should easily be able to get a platform with 3DOF Heave,pitch, roll that can produce 6 to 12 degrees of pitch and roll plus 2 inches of heave.
  2. kjg71

kjg71 New Member

Designer
    Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking to focus on more range in the roll and pitch and leave heave for the i-vibe seat (which fakes it not really motion though). I did not realize D-box goes 12 degrees? do you mean 6 on each side? 12 total the whole range?

Anyway D-box is an intereting idea that is only limited by the thousands of dollars cost!!!

I think these 200 lbs 1.5 sec. would be the ones that I would use if this was attemped.

http://www.firgelliauto.com/product_inf ... cts_id=144

here is a 40 lbs that is .25 sec faster

http://www.firgelliauto.com/product_inf ... ucts_id=66

ego is using some of this brand I think. I have not purchased as I am trying to see what I can do with the 16-$60 wiper motor style first.

In any event it seems that you could hook these to a seat and have just as good of a lower cost solution. Would not vibrate as fast as the D-box but for vibrations you might as well go with a vibe seat...really only talking motions here so I think something acceptable could be done.

I am unfamiliar with the 3 25 to 50 lbs/in spring requirement.

What are they needed for? Are they taking some of the load off returning the motor to a centered poistion from the load it might take when all the way down? would that not cause more resistance to the opposing motors to compress them in the first place? I understand spring need with cable tension and such, but not so much so for linear motion assistance because of their worm gears

Can you elaborate your idea.

Regards
    Kyle