1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Tutorial COS-6 DOF (EMC, AmpFlowE30-400, Arduino, Sabertooth)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by cosminutLP, Sep 5, 2019.

1. cosminutLP

cosminutLP New Member

engineer
    Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hey

My name is Cosmin, I'm a member for some time and during this period I managed to gather some ideas about what I want to build, also during this time I also managed to put aside parts for the build.
    In the beginning, I was thinking about building my own actuators but this year, I got my hand on some electro-mechanical cylinders (EMC) from BOSCH Rexroth and this is the construction so far:
    10.jpg + the motors :)
    In the next days, I will post pictures specs of everything and the problems I encountered during the build.
  2. cosminutLP

cosminutLP New Member

engineer
    Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Here I post some pictures with the build
    4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  3. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    2,250Coins
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    build is looking good. i also use the E30-400 series ampflow motors.
    i had them for a few months.. i still havent applied power to them
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cosminutLP

cosminutLP New Member

engineer
    Balance:
    11Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  5. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    2,250Coins
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    with 6x e30-400, i am building out a power system with 6x 24v -30A LED PSUs with 6x 12VDC 35 AH batteries .. pretty much how sixdegreesofflight built his
  6. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    2,250Coins
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF