1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Compact AC Servo 6DOF Rotary Stewart platform

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by knaufinator, May 26, 2020.

1. seuszok

seuszok Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I got here because of You and Your YT video :)

I aim a little lower because of the cost and space :)
    Respect for this incredible structure. You are The Master
    Best Regards
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. knaufinator

knaufinator Active Member

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Yeah, that one is my most watched video!!

Had I known those early videos would have been so popular, I would have cleaned my work room a little more :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. tu xiao mi

tu xiao mi Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Can this solution be used for electric screws?
  4. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    The hardware/pcb would support it. But it does not have an algorithm for it yet. Integrating it with flypt would prolly be the easiest way to get it working... I don't do much more development on this project anymore. So it's up to the open source community.... To take it further...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Sir! Me again, about the excel file, I did several trial and found out the Theta_R=60-(the half of the angel of the two close joints for the platform."take the origin (0,0)as the third point"), it seems working, but I don't understand the meaning of the equation. BTW, it's not very necessary to know, just being curious. Thank you very much.
  6. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Its been so long I don't recall much detail of this either. I am glad that you are progressing
  7. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    All right sir, appreciate for your guide all the time.
  8. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    one more thing sir, how do I use the platform test application.
  9. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    it allows you to select the serial com port that the esp32 is on, then it acts as a debugger, it will consume debug text from the esp32 such as motor positions, ... if the esp32 controller is in debug mode... the app will also output the x,y,z,rx,ry,rz parameters as they are displayed in the text boxes, this allows you to send known data to the esp32,... it also interfaces with an xbox360 controller by consuming and scaling the inputs from the controller buttons and puting those values in the textboxes,... and as a result,.. send to the motion sim ... or modify it to use any controller you want,.. its very simple code. .

I used this app for testing and tuning the rigs full motion, .. its not needed,.. it was just handy to use this over just using simtools to control it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sir, me again, sorry for bothering you all the time, but here I encountered this issue I couldn't solve.
    Today I finally get the motor moving, they reached the sensor and made it to home position as desired, but I couldn't get them moving by sliding in simtools output testing. I got through pcb debugger, config axis assignments and interface settings as you suggested. I seriously couldn't find out why it's not moving. BTW I check com3 monitor in arduino ide, the estop value is 1 , I'm not sure if this is the problem. Thank you for your time again!
  11. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF

I would do this initial testing in debug mode, this will ignore the estop,.. and make movement slow for safe verification... otherwise, make sure the estop pins on the PCB are shorted. I think a value of 1 means the estop is activated,.. hence it wont move...

debug mode in the controller, i.e. uncomment
    //#define DEBUG_MOTORS 1
    //#define DEBUG_NO_ESTOP 1
    then the Arduino monitor will also get an text serial output of current motor positions,

before doing anything in simtools, make sure the PCB can accept changes. using the Arduino serial monitor, connect to the esp32, ensure correct baud rate. and send the pcb a few commands

1) "2047,2047,2047,2047,2047,2047X" - this is the HOME position command,... if you send this command,.the motors will go to the home position... if they are not there already,...the eventual output from the PCB will be 0,0,0,0,0,0, this means all motors are at HOME internally,.. the values will not match what you input,.. as the values are internally scaled, to their own coordinate system.

2) "2047,2047,3047,2047,2047,2047X" - this is a simple test to move ALL motors up the same direction,.. this is the heave command,. The output will be alternating signs of the same magnitude. as every other motor is reversed to the next.

2) "2047,2047,1047,2047,2047,2047X" - this is a simple test to move ALL motors down the same direction,.. this is the heave command,. The output will be alternating signs of the same magnitude. as every other motor is reversed to the next.

first you need to get the motors manually moving using these commands.... outside of simtools,... then we can move onto simtools,..
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It's working, sir! Thank you so much for the guidance all this time. I sincerely appreciate all the help you provide to me. Still, if you need anything from China, I'm very happy to do any favor for you.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tu xiao mi

Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    does the servo need to justify?
  14. tu xiao mi

Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Does the servo motor need any other adjustments? Why does the position of my swing arm change its initial position over time?
  15. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Using the Hall Sensor, you need to setup the motor to HOME itself to horizontal to the ground on the appropriate side that it will be swinging.

My counts are ~11 for PN36 and ~5000 for PN37, to get to home from 12 Oclock position where the hall sensor is at., the Home position SHOULD NOT CHANGE over time. it should be static and every single time it should go to the same location. If you mean that the swing arm is moving,... on its own,.. that means something in the PCB is causing an issue... I came across twitchy motors every so often, usually it was a bad solder joint for that motor somewhere in the circuit. When I encounter this, I either resoldered/reflowed each joint ... or just made a new PCB..
  16. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Sir. My simulator is working perfectly, and after tunning for a while I have this idea, as it has a very limited movement, when you accelerate it gives a very short push by surging forward, the same for braking. Maybe we can pitch up for accelerating instead of surge, as the chair supporting your back and it feels like pushing.
  17. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    oh sir, silly me, I saw that on your beamng tunning video
  18. knaufinator

Simulation Engineer
    Balance:
    1,736Coins
    Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Yup, that's how things work
  19. FeidhlimLee

FeidhlimLee Member

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi sir, I set axis assignment as yours but the second sawy and surge didn't work at all neither does the yaw traction loss, and every time I turn on dof test, the platform drop to lower level aggressively. So weird.
  20. tu xiao mi

Balance:
    486Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Every time you turn off the machine, you must manually pull each lower arm to the same position. Otherwise, when you start it, some will turn down and some will turn up, which will cause conflict between the lower arm and the upper arm. Is this the same for yours? Is there any way to avoid the conflict between the lower arm and the upper arm?