1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Compact 2DOF Seatmover (Sabertooth)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by bbb8cd, Dec 18, 2018.

1. bbb8cd

bbb8cd New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    After reading a few other threads, I rolled SimTools back to 2.4.0 and magically, it works! I did some tuning per the guide for pCars 2 and got a base down but I think it could be better.

I should enjoy it how it is now for a little bit but... I'm also thinking I want to change the rig to a platform mover. Next game I'll get a tune in for is XPlane.
  2. bbb8cd

bbb8cd New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    So I decided to change the sim to a platform mover over the last few weeks. I used Niels Heusinkveld's wooden rig design as a base:

I still need to do some tuning but this thing is wild and a lot of fun! I will post pictures later and update the first post as well.

I also purchased Assetto Corsa so I need to upgrade my account to download that plugin for SimTools.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  3. bbb8cd

bbb8cd New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino