1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Comments on idea for sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 26, 2009.

1. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    Please comment on the following idea for motion sim!
    I`m planing to use wiper motors, so please advise if it`s possible to move whole thing this way.
    It should be a 2DOF sim (quite enough for my taste), and I`ve seen Evan`s video with some incredible movements using 2 geared DC motors.
    I`ll make the frame light as possible and balance it ideally and use LCD monitor not larger than 22.
    Since the seat will be fixed, wheel and pedals will have slider bars for adjustment to driver needs. Hand shifter, keyboard and button panel (or gauge panel) not shown but could be implemented easily.

Thanks in advance and BR, Igor

EDIT: Sorry for repeating the questions already asked but really didn`t find accurate advice on this matter.

Attached Files: