1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
yobuddy

Codemasters Dirt Rally Plugin 2.0.0.3

SimTools plugin for Codemasters Dirt Rally

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @prosimu
    Hi Patrick,
    Did you edit the file like a said above?
    Seems to have fixed the problem you describe in your post buddy!
    yobuddy
  2. prosimu

prosimu Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    @yobuddy

Yes, we have edit the file and change only "Dbox= false" to "Dbox= True"

Motion works put you need to put heave = 0 in axis assignment, if you don't do this, the motion is like a shaker.... ;-)

Thanks

Patrick
  3. stevemontuno

stevemontuno Active Member

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    If you set up your heave per normal , you then need to set the heave boundary level ,,, I've got my heave set really high and boundary really low ,,that way i can feel lots of road texture, elevation etc but without being thrown around too much ,,,
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Would that not be easier just setting the heave to a lower axis%
  5. stevemontuno

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes but you hit a large bump or go off track in dirt rally you still get flung around like a rag doll ,,,by setting the boundary filter you can still feel a high level of the heave detail of the track but cut out the insane bumps that cause injury ,,haha ,, well thats the conclusion i've come too anyhow,,

I've also been using boundary on all of the other axis settings too to reduce the motion bleed from one Axis to another ,,, but it's mainly Heave,Pitch,Roll i've been setting very low on boundary,,
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  6. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    @prosimu

It's probably because there is no proper Max/Min settings for heave.
    I suggest re-capturing good Max/Min values for the game.
    yobuddy
  7. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yeah I know what your saying but if you set the axis% to the same as what you would be setting your boundary, you wouldn't have to be setting something twice to do the same thing. It doesn't matter because its doing the exact same thing but just not the correct way. Set axis to 20% you get all the detail in that 20% its doesn't use more than 20% of the axis. You just don't need to go into every filter and set a boundary as well.

Maybe I'm wrong as @yobuddy agreed with your last comment lol
  8. stevemontuno

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    When you just lower the axis% it also softens the movement so you lose a lot of the detail ,,

All the boundary filter does really is limit the travel from your motors in that axis ,, so you can lets say have a very intense Heave that will only have a small degree of movement allowing you to feel all the detail in the smaller bumps but ignore any of the crazy stuff ,,, definitely useful in Dirt Rally for mellowing out barrel rolls and harsh impacts without losing any of the other normal effects you want on the track,,,

I'm now using boundary filter to fine tune on all of the sims i'm playing ,,,, although it is exceptionally useful in dirt rally ,,
  9. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have to totally disagree with you lol :D

I have Heave Axis set to 8% in dirt rally with a TuningCentre value of 15. I feel everything there is no softening going on at all, even the cobble road parts in germany

If you do what you say you still get the same amount of data just into the smaller boundary its not going to clip big movements its just using the boundary that you have set, which is exactly the same as setting axis %. If it started clipping the bigger movements it would be terrible

It is the tuning centre values that define the softness of the movements
  10. stevemontuno

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yeah i think it's probably right what your saying Craig,,,it's most likely me that's not getting it,,,haha,,,,,, :grin

It's just with using the boundary it feels as though i can set my Heave,Pitch & roll to give me intense feedback without getting the spikes from the rough terrain ,, but putting a limit on the axis has definitely helped calm the beast so to speak,,,lol ,, and also let me monitor how much of the Heave,Roll & Pitch i get interacting with the Surge & Sway ,,

Although i'm sure my setting's will change over time as i'm always playing around with setting,,,that's half the fun of motion ,,Hehe.
  11. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I'm also looking at this from a 6DOF perspective can't remember about 2DOF settings, so we shall agree to agree but disagree :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    What @stevemontuno is doing is making his heave axis more sensitive.

If you just set the DOF to use 30% of the axis, it will use 30% of the axis only when the DOF input is at 100%.

If you set the DOF to use 100% of the axis with a 30% boundary, It will use 30% of the axis when the DOF input is at 30% and will ignore any inputs higher than this amount.
    (Has the same affect as lowering the max/min value of this DOF)

This is a perfect example of how you can run 2x simulator with the same Max/Min values and have a very different ride with each simulator.

Take care guy's,
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Ok thats my mind gone I don't get it lol

All I do is lower the Tuning Value and its more sensitive ???

I set my 6 Heave Axis to 100% and then set boundary to 8% and it was utter crap didn't feel anything like normally setting at just 8% axis. Do the tuning centre value need to be adjusted or ?

"If you just set the DOF to use 30% of the axis, it will use 30% of the axis only when the DOF input is at 100%". <---- Which DOF Input is at 100% I set it to 8% it uses 8% like my other DOF's are different % for each axis on each DOF and they use exactly what I tell them to use. I am at around 170% for all DOF's because there is no way all DOF will be use at the same time to the full extent.

@stevemontuno this is your fault I was all happy before you mentioned this :D lol

Sorry for going completely off the topic of the plugin BTW :p
  14. stevemontuno

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Try leaving your tuning center values the same ,,, set your heave axis to a level where it would normally be slightly too high,,like to the point where it wants to shake you out off the rig,,,,, and then set your boundary filter to 1 and then after testing keep raising it to the point where it feels right ,,you might only need to raise it to 2 or 3 ,,,, mines set to around 2 but my 2 dof is worlds apart from your 6dof beast so you might need to experiment a bit ,,,,

I guess it's always good to experiment with the setting's to see if you can find more detail ,,, although if you've got some nicely tuned settings already Craig it might not make any improvements to your tuning,,,, defo worth a look though.. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bodgy

bodgy Member

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Having the same problem with heave. Jumps around erratically on the start line then freezes in motion. DBOX value is set to true. Will try the unpatch/repatch and the alternative plugin but are there any other options than those?
  16. bodgy

bodgy Member

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Changed my resolution and graphics settings then changed them back. I now have full motion and my god it is so fricken sweet!
    • Winner Winner x 4
  17. stevemontuno

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yep if you alt+tab out to change simtools settings you have to reset your screen settings when you want to test your changes ,,,, motion gets messed up if in window mode for some reason,,,

one of codemasters many bug's i guess.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Playsimulator

Playsimulator Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Hello Everybody,

I insttaled Simtools V2.1 and the plugin Dirt Rally.
    I try to adjust all effects and it's impossible to adjust Surge effect.
    If all filter are at 0%, the effect is very bad, there a lot of jerk.
    So I try to put gain=1 and the feeling is better but the motion platform stay in the last postion. (There is no feedback at zero.)
    For example , After braking, (Speed = 0) The motion platform stay tilt to front.
  19. SilentChill

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Can people who are having trouble give this one a try please :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. bodgy

bodgy Member

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Have you read the posts immediately above yours?

Change the resolution then change it back. Make sure you are in full screen mode.
    • Like Like x 1