1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Cloud Flyer motion simulator on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by FlyingColander, Feb 15, 2014.

1. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    633Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    Doc Holloway has made another generation of non-motorized flight motion simulators. Check out his latest offering:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/810880203/cloud-flyer-motion-flight-simulator

I know this forum is dedicated to motorized motion rigs but his inventiveness inspires. He took Ken Hill's Joyrider design and pushed it. Doc's overcame the nuisance of the design which was balancing the rig for various pilot weights and monitors and kit. He uses a crank on the back of the chair to change the center of gravity.

Give it a look-see.

He's trying to arrange bulk freight shipments for Aussies and other far flung places.

Cheers,

Flying Colander
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice idea.
    The joyrider simulator http://www.acesim.com/plans.html uses that idea of balance as well. And costs about $500 ish in PVC to build I think.
    Your RNR would work as well, but as we found out, it needs a pulley system or something to move it properly. Not sure why, I though they were a balanced platform. So either a design fault or sheer stupidity on my behalf for that motor design failure.
    His idea looks to be a bit of both joyrider and RNR in one design. Yes I did see the dreamflyer video a while ago.
    Maybe a "change of centre gravity idea" may help with your RNR setup to make it balanced. Might not cost much, maybe a swinging weight or something underneath. Hang a barbell of a few kg.
    Still nice idea from this guy.