1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Circuit not working with Arduino R3 and IBT-2 in SMC3 Utils

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by gaboff_k, Nov 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Design89

Design89 Member

Balance:
    214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Thanks for your answer. I'm using Hall Effect Potentiometers as encoders. Powered with 5V and the output is also working, that's the green line on my screencapture.
    I think my IBT_2's are broken and now also my Arduino is... I did order those new and will build it from scratch again. 1 motor at the time.

Did you test it in SMC3 or like in this video you posted with Simtools?
    https://youtube.com/shorts/e--1ZbjrBjE?feature=share
  2. Ayad

Ayad Dr.

surgeon
    Balance:
    - 357Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hello i have same problems in my long way building ofmy2 dof.the problem wassome timethedriversbut big BUT the problems wasd findmostlytheusb wires justchangeit alot ofwiresi have changed.inmy building theusb wireis 2nd problem afterthe drivers .ihoipe changing wire will hjelp youy .i order the arduino many times .and more than 30 IBT drivers.and hall effectbut lastly it was USB wire changing helped me .WITH BEST REGARDS
  3. Kevinski

Kevinski If it doesn't fit, hit it until it does.

Jack of many trades, mastering some.
    Balance:
    589Coins
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi guys. IBT-2 H bridge motor controllers shipped from China, are often shipped with fake mosfets or other components. Make sure you purchase from ebay or other reputable platforms, so you can get a return if they are faulty. There are cooling modifications that can be implemented on the IBT-2's to help them last longer when using on your motion platforms. Also, it is critical that you don't push them higher in SMC3 in the fpwmkhz parameters! under 24khz is best. And don't exceed more then 90-95% of your total PWM Max setting for IBT-2. Here is some info for the cooling modification's you can do on them. It has worked very well for me when using the correct SMC3 utility settings.