1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom "cheap" 6 dof odrive actuator motion rig (with lots of issues ^^ )

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Joey, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Will974

Will974 Active Member

Industrial Ingeenering Teacher
    Balance:
    875Coins
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I permit me to answer this simple question:

https://fr.banggood.com/Racerstar-5...ncing-Scooter-p-1110304.html?cur_warehouse=CN

The 140 KV reference is interesting !
  2. Walysson

Walysson New Member

Balance:
    52Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Hello, I've been studying about Odrive for some time, I've seen many variants and I have some questions and maybe ideas.

as well as two motors, a 56v board.
    consuming
    example: [a 190 kv / 65 amp / 2450 watt motor]

(130A + 4900 watts)

maybe the board could not support taking so many watts for the motor to give the best torque ??

I usually see you connect the two motors from an Odrive board to the following actuators
    example ( the two front actuators . when there is acceleration it makes the two actuators go up at the same time, remembering that . when the /voltage / that enters the plate would not be enough to give the best to the motors?

Does what I said make sense?

a solution I thought
    1 - use pulley system! where we can increase the motor torque one gear tooth ratio.

2 instead of running both engines on the Odriver.
    use a separate 60amp ESC and use only the hall and pwm sensor plug from the driver board.

I'm Brazilian, I really want to start my project, I'm studying a lot and I'm having a lot of doubts about how to deal with all this.

I hope you'll forgive me for the text. And if you do, it doesn't make sense because I'm awake at 3:58 am typing this will I want Odrive to become a solution for those who don't have as many conditions to invest as I do

health and peace
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2023