1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Buying Motion Simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by toni, May 9, 2011.

1. toni

toni New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

I am new here and interested in buying motion simulator for iRacing. I found website called www.simXpereince.com. Does anybody recommend this company or is there something else in same price range. I would appreciate if somebody knows how to contact this company, because I have sent there a couple of emails, but I haven’t got any answers. I live in Scandinavian northern Europe.

Thanks,
    Toni
  2. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Give him 3 days or so to respond, its only Monday. I have looked around, he has the best deals. for the starter kit, you cant really beat that. If youre not mechanical you can buy the rig base, sim 1, and your set. I hear all kinds of good responses on him.
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You can only beat their prices if you built things on your own. Even then you have to calculate your time in the price which depends on your skillset. The best thing is that the product line allows you to choose how much you want to build, and how much money you want to spend.

If you are a mechanical guy, the starter kit or the universal motion seat kit could be a good choice and save money on the rest. If you wan't something ready to play, Stage I will make you happy.
  4. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ive got my wiper sim going and love it, and eventually this is the kit I plan to go with...for 1260 you get 2 actuators which are like 500$ us a piece, then for the 260$ you basically get the power supply, the brains, and the communication wires to the pc....you really cant beat that if you have the money...you wont get a better price in my opinion.....plus you get the warranty, you get the software and library full of profiles. I have found that I spend a lot of time creating my own profiles and if I have the 150mm SCN5 setup I wouldnt have to spend so much time tinkering and cuold spend it racing. if you go for one of the more advanced setups then you get the proper alignment, angles and good quality build with the opportunity for upgrades in the future...so you cna go from 1260 up to almost 6k, but you can do it in stages....if I had the extra cash I would trade in my wiper sim for the actuators but im having fun for now...if you are mechanical wipers can be a whole lot of fun, mine are very responsive and havent dissapointed myself or buddies yet. I was able to complete the build of the sim for less then 400$ us.
  5. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    wipers can be a whole lot of fun, mine are very responsive and havent dissapointed myself or buddies yet

Say this after you try a seat with SCN5's.... :)
  6. shannonb1

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    of course Frakk, theres always something better, thats life, but Im serious, Im very happy. and for that cost I learned to weld, and built my base plus motors, plus the brains....it aint bad. I will someday go to scn5, thats how I know so much about them!
  7. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we can implement any wiper controller (brain) to be use with inverter and ac motor to something like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFFm319wrYg
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    3 AMC controllers could be used.
  9. toni

toni New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for everyone,

I bought simulator from simXperience. Customer service was fine and I got my order on line.
  10. abendrise

abendrise New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rocky seats with crazy thrills, if that’s the kind of fun you are looking for, then look no further. The Morphis ESP Motion Simulator is here to entertain you. Get ready to enjoy a simulated ride with high quality effects thanks to the fully equipped digital audiovisual system. This eight-seater simulator gives you the ride of your life with family and friends in tow. It is recommended for kids five years and above, but this personal entertainer does not come cheap. You can choose from an entire library of CD-ROMs for your 3-D adventures. You can expect some aviation-quality motion simulation, and customize the exterior to your liking.