1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

buttkickers

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by zatopi, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Map63Vette

Map63Vette Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have a few questions regarding the new transducer support. The first one is trying to understand the GameVibe vs. basic version of SimTools. Will tactile transducer feedback be available in "free" DIY form or will it require a professional license to get? I see "tactile transducer output" listed under "GamesManager" news, but also GameVibe listed separately. Is GameVibe for adding vibration to games that don't already output that information natively like other FFB add-ons (will give a non-FFB game FFB) or is it required to have GameVibe to use any telemetry data to drive a bass shaker?

My second question is what sort of channel support/config it might offer. I've looked at the other two big players that I know of in the simrig software ring (X-Sim and SimVibe) and neither one will actually do what I want. X-Sim is limited to only one channel at the moment, so you can drive multiple shakers, but are limited to a single source, so they will all vibrate the same together. SimVibe lets you pick "zones", but I'm not sure how much configuration I can get within that.

Long story short, I want to have two shakers mounted to my seat, one on the bottom and one on the back. I'm looking for a "simple" utility that lets me pick what outputs to direct to what channel. So for instance, I want all vertical vibration events to get output to a single channel (bumps, road surface, etc) and all horizontal events output to another channel (gear change, bumps from the front or back, etc.). Ideally I might add a third shaker to the side of the seat for side impacts at a later date, but that's something for later. I really just want to be able to drive multiple shakers with configurable input. I don't care where the shakers are mounted, I just want to be able to route X signal from the game to Y shaker.