1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Building a new simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by KamiFern, Jul 11, 2020.

1. KamiFern

KamiFern New Member

Balance:
    607Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    After building simulators with 4 motors, I decided to do one with 6.

I do not plan to change my G27. I replaced the brake for hydraulic 'Perfect Brake' that worked about 4 years before leaking and put back the OEM and added stiff rubber inside the spring. It is OK this way.

Instead of triple monitors, I will use my Samsung Odyssey +

I also keep my wiper motors that do not show signs of wear after 7 years of use.

I did not draw parts I do not have to make which I consider a waste of time, Just bear with me.

stn-6pub.jpg

If you want more details, the pdf is a 3D model.

Fern

Attached Files:

2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. KamiFern

KamiFern New Member

Balance:
    607Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    I also modified the motors to have the potentiometer inside the housing. I had blocks 3D printed and putted them inside with the wiper screwed to the gear. With a 12 bit ADC, it will give a reading precise enough.
    20200526_124058[1].jpg

20200711_175728[1].jpg

Fern

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. KamiFern

KamiFern New Member

Balance:
    607Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    I was finaly able to tack weld some pieces today and my brother will do the weld properly. He is a true weldor. I cut most parts on my mill (this is very slow) and some will arrive shortly.
    20200909_184126_cr.jpg

Fern
    • Like Like x 1