1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Build an Good rFactor Profile for SCN5's In Just 10 minutes

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by bvillersjr, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i use it , work super as a base. Im using scn5 100mm and im tinking of buying scn5 150mm will that method will still work, or how can i transfom my 100mm profiles into 150mm profiles

thanks
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This method also works for 150mm, but I have developed a far better approach that will allow you to create a profile for any game in about 2 minutes. Most importantly it will help you to understand the profile a bit better. Thisis in testing now and wll be included with the next Commander release.
  3. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WOW can't wait. A big thanks for everything that you do for us. I enjoy my simulator so much every day it feel bether.

Is there a down-side to scn5 150mm if you compater to 100mm. Or just bether all over the board?
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    IMHO, it's better across the board because you can user a greater actuator angle. The increased angle withthe 150mm not only improves actuator life, but it allows you to use increased stroke across the same seat movement range resulting in improved granularity and motion quality. Simply put, whatever range of movement you seat has, just add a 150mm and increase the angle such that you have the same movement range. The result will be better motion.

Thx for the comment btw. It's nice to know that these tools are used and needed.

:cheers:
  5. lyspatriote

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great i will go for 150mm for now on in fact it's for my 2nd simulator
  6. gosmart

gosmart New Member

Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this?
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This is just about ready for release. If anyone would care to Alpha test it and has the ability to chat on Skype for a few, I would be glad for the additional feedback. Just send me a PM or email.
  8. johnfatboy

johnfatboy New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh man, can't wait :)
  9. geo419

geo419 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice car .
  10. OzziV8

OzziV8 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Build an Good rFactor Profile for SCN5's In Just 10 minutes
    by bvillersjr on 03.09.2009, 16:44

Hi Berney,

Is the above Tutorial still a good method/process to build a profile giving the dates it was posted

Thanks
    Vito
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The spreadsheet concept is somewhat obselete. It was only an approximation to begin with given that AI varies from mod to mod and is also 30Hz slower than when a human is driving.

Unfortunately, there was not enough interest in the wizard concept for X-Sim and no volunteers from other simulator type categories such as JoyRider, wiper motor sims, etc.. so the wizard has been shifted to a lower priority until I finish with some other projects.
  12. OzziV8

OzziV8 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Berney, The wizard concept I think would be a huge success and an added attraction to ownership of a motion sim. I don't want to feel selfish and only take from you and others, I really want to help and to contribute as much as I have specific needs to my style of driving and to accomplish a higher level of enjoyment. Simxperience is an excellent product with hundreds of hours invested in developing it. A wizard would be the begining to learn, build and supply of profiles without the technical understanding behind it all, although, that will come through developing personalised profiles.

As you know my sim was built for my primary love of the V8 supercar series namely Team ORSM. Now that they have realeased 2010 and 2011 to come soon
    plus with Rfactor 2 on our door steps, the current V8 profile available is the only one.
    Am I to the understanding that this one profile fits all tracks or would it be better to now create a new profile and if so which step by step process can you point me to.

What I need to accomplish:
    For example, On sunday mornings I love driving my sim in its full glory, meaning all actuators are in full motion, like you've seen in my videos.
    However, through the week I practice a lot both off and online approx 20 hours per five days for online Race purposes. (Sat is rest day lol).
    The full motion of the sim is not really required through the week but would like it to be in use at a subdued level.

If I had a wizard that could adjust each actuators movement, the profile I would design would be as follows:

a) The traction loss would be in its full motion no reduced effects at all here.
    ( In fact I was considering just somehow switching the seat off and just have the rear Trac loss going only, How is this possible, just unplug the seat ?)
    b) The seat would be, slight rumbles, and slight movements all round, just enough to feel gear changes and small movements of gForce.

I know as you pointed it out to me the sliders can adjust actuator behaviour but it also affects the rear trac loss which I rather it not do, plus the seat becomes somewhat sluggish/slow or wishy washy if that explains it. To my understanding these sliders affect the overall movement which I think its to do
    with speed of travel, the actuator extends itself fully but much slower. What I need to accomplish if its possible is to create a profile with shorter movements but with the sharpness in the seat and to isolate that from the rear.

There you go....lol...from a noob, now I don't know if all this works, but a wizard will help....can I help anywhere?

regards
    vito
  13. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback Vito. The wizard is not forgotten. That said, I think you will find the motion tuner in the next Commander to be more than enough adjustment capability. I will follow up with you via email if you want to test this out.
  14. GeoMissakiangt

GeoMissakiangt New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,
    your work is much apperciated. i'v tryed to understand making of profile but with no luck seems so hard :? .
    i'll be happy to test the Commander thing out and give you feedback.
  15. 6e66o

6e66o New Member

Balance:
    279Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

is the approach from the first post still valid today?
    Or is there another (easier) way to create a profile for rF?

So far all i was able to do is importing downloaded profiles and tweak them for different cars using the commander2 software..

But it seems different profiles have different options (sliders).
    I was wondering if i could download one profile that has all the options in it, so i can tweak as much as possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

cheers,
    Georg
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh Look! Surprise, surprise! Another side project of x-sim had been canned for the non-programmers users of the program.
    Let's see, there was yoda, then plugfree and now the wizard.
    Are you lot blind? There are people willing to help with these projects and you seem to be ignoring them. Why ask for help and then not reply?
    Sure x-sim software was created free and at a lot of time and expense to the original writer's.
    However, if help is being offered....TAKE IT!!!! If you have others willing to do the work.....USE THEM!!!
    If this is a community of helping others, then take the help you are offered. There are people whom donate to the running of the site and others whom are programmers and could be of great use in expanding the program.
    Bernard, if you need volunteer's for programming, then put a topic up about what you need assistance with. I do not recall seeing ANY posts in regards to actually ASKING for help in programming. All I have seen is old posts being dragged back up by new members.
  17. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Bleco, I am relaxed...you should see me when I am upset!
    As for attitude...my apologies for the dummy spit, however , there has been polite requests before with no response.
    Also, thanks for the link, but I do not have actuators on my sim, so I cannot use the commander software.
    Cheers, David.
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I think your missing some important background information.

SimXperience is a commercial simulator company that caters to DIY simulator builders (the only one that I am aware of).

X-Sim is a closed source project owned by SirNoName. I developed the Commander 1 and 2 products to ease the burden of getting started with X-Sim for SimXperience customers. Also, since a fair number of people had non SimXperience SCN5 implementations, we offered this up as freely available. At the time, this seemed only right to offer it free, as X-Sim was given freely to me. So to put it bluntly, while I have invested alot of time and effort over the years into this community and into X-Sim, I do not hold the keys to this kingdom nor am I master of the X-Sim deveopment or release schedule.

At one point, we thought it might be interesting to also support the wiper motor sims but we have built several wiper motor simulators here, and the motion quality is not consistent with our objectives. We simply do not support that approach in our Commander software because we prefer to be associated with a higher level of motion quality. Also, I don't want to have to support all of Pololu's and Tronics issues. I didn't design those solutions, why should I give my time to support them? Not to mention, I have attemoted to contact Tronic about collaboration in the past via these forums and got no repsonse.

Alot of nothing has transpired since that time. X-Sim has not been publically updated in about 2 years now.

For a variety of reasons, I have invested a significant amount of time in developing an alternative solution (which is in Alpha Testing now) for SimXperience customers. Our products will continue to be X-Sim compatible but in order to rapidly respond to our customers needs, Sim Commander 3 will NOT be primarily based on X-Sim.

@Georg - You of all people might be familiar with developing around an engine made by someone else. :)

I did not request any programming help, because I do not need any. I don't feel it is correct to ask for free help in the development of my commercial products.

To sum it all up, you are barking at the wrong guy.

Over the years, the only people I have seen get up in arms about these things are those with a commercial financial interest. If indeed that is your course, you would be wise IMHO to take the programming help that you offered to me and build yourself a simulator software. Then you can be master of your own companies destiny and won't have to continue making these ploys for free labor.
  20. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hi Bernard,

Will it be possible to buy the Commander 3 if not using your simulator kits ?

Thx!

Bleco
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.