1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Best Screen angle for triple monitors?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Muzza, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hi guys,

Ive just bought 3 Samsung 27 panels to run with Eye Infinity and wanted to know what the optimum screen angle is for the side monitors..

Ive read that 60 degree's is good but wanted to check here first as I thought that seemed a bit steep?

Thanks in advance.

Murray.
  2. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    with 27 panels i mean 45 degree is better. with 42 or 50 panels 60 degree is better.how many way you have between the screen and your head?
  3. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hi Nima,

My centre screen will be approximately 800mm from my face.

How critical is the final angle as far as gaming performance is concerned? Is one particlar angle going to provide a better experience than another?

Murray..
  4. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi
    i mean between 30 and 45 is the best for 27 panels and 800 mm face to screen.
  5. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It really depends on the game you are running and your personal tastes...

Besides IRacing and Live for speed, I don't know any other game that really supports screen angles. And support is a big word, the image will still be distortioned on both sides monitors no matter what angle you use since it's impossible to reproduce a perfect peripheral vision with flat panels ... There is no magic number and all the games reacts differently in my opinion.

The distance between your eyes and the center screen will more define the correct FOV to use then the angle ...

You must do some testing and adjust the FOV and monitor angle to suit your personal taste for optimal immersion.

Again, that's my personal opinion ...

Bleco
  6. netwizrm

netwizrm Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Its true; the angles will vary, but also more importantly you mentioned using Eyefinity, I believe that ATI technology has a Bezel compensation feature with will help with the distortion and alignment from screen to screen.

maybe Bleco elaborate or add on.

Thanks,

Robert
  7. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes Bezel compensation was the main add on to ATI catalyst 10.3 and is a great feature.

Here are some infos from AMD website:

ATI Catalyst Control Center™ version 10.3 and higher includes a bezel compensation tool that helps eliminate the distortion caused by the bezels of displays being used together by compensating for the physical space between them - so visuals and text appear to “go behind” the bezels.

The bezel compensation tool presents a triangle pattern across the bezel and a widget is used to adjust the bezel compensation until the edges of the triangle line up across the bezel. In bezel compensated mode, pixels are removed that should be obscured by the display bezels. These pixels are rendered into the frame buffer, but not scanned out to any of the displays in the Display Group. Without this feature engaged, rendered objects will appear to “jump” across the gap between displays.

Note: Bezel compensation only works in Single Large Surface (SLS) mode with monitor groups that have a pixel resolution and density within a 5% tolerance of each other

It does not help for image distortion due to side monitor aggressive angle adjustment... maybe something will be added to a futur driver release ...

Here is a vid of bezel compensation adjustment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMgb3PBkBQ

Bleco