1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Atomic A2 joyride and SIMTOOLS

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by ohno, Jan 17, 2014.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    read teh doc as outlined, ignore JRK setup part and do each force individually , fiddle with tuning centre numbers. Remember to set each for as a base of 20%
  2. bartman236

bartman236 New Member

Balance:
    270Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried to look it up in a patent database, but could not find anything. Seems they used a different company name.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the weigh compensation is simply a sliding table allowing the seat/frame to move back and forth, but the actuators and pivot stay still.
    I did this ages ago on a sim using seat rails
    IMG_20120819_095354.jpg IMG_20120821_114634.jpg
    In this case, I used it for balance between seat mover and full frame add on, however, it would work the same for adjusting for a heavier to lighter driver
    actuator sim 2 (1).jpg seat mover position

actuator sim 2 (2).jpg full frame add on position
    You can see in the photos where its been moved back.
    Atomic do a similar thing
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. jonmho

jonmho New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    You are correct. You can move the seat fore and aft over the pivot point and actuators to compensate for weight. The A2 has a separate adjustment for seat tilt. Yours is very similar to the A2. Nice job!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. haroldjames

haroldjames Active Member Gold Contributor

Electronic Tech
    Balance:
    - 398Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    Could you tell me what you had to do to get simvibe to work with simtools? I also purchased simvibe a while back and would like to use it on my new rig that i am building.
  6. jonmho

jonmho New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I did not use Simvibe with SimTools. My motion rig has 2 transducers under the seat aside from the buttkickers. I haven't used SimVibe with SimTools. If I don't have motion with a particular sim, then I use Simvibe.

As for my OP I have since updated my Simphinity (motion software) and now have motion for PCARS and the others I originially didn't have. So I don't use SimTools right now.
  7. haroldjames

Electronic Tech
    Balance:
    - 398Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    Thanks for the info.
  8. jonmho

jonmho New Member

Balance:
    24Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I haven't tried it but, there is a setting in SimVibe that allows you to launch your sim/game outside of SimVibe. So try setting up SimVibe with that option but don't close it. Start SimTools and launch the game from there.
  9. haroldjames

Electronic Tech
    Balance:
    - 398Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try when i get my rig finished. thanks again!