1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Assisted heave 150kg+ rig. Small Wiper motor lever + spring

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Trigen, May 8, 2020.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Cheers! It's a fun project! I've been driving and tuning all day. Let me tell you, once you get all the forces dialed in the experience is unreal! Ill be using these motors for surge (for the kick then the G seat takes over) and traction loss when i embark on the real actuator route.

It's a replica of the Asher F-64 i made but i got to toggle switches instead of the 2x 12 position ones. I didnt really need em. Its on a Simucube 2 pro
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Trigen

Trigen Active Member

Balance:
    2,826Coins
    Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Small update. Been tuning the CG and the front pivot and ive come to the conclusion that it does feel the best for cars in a 2 actuator setup to have it right between the steering upright mounting points and pedals. Thats where i get the cues that closely match the car. For flying you want to put them so you are in the center and get the most out of pitch and the CG is generally felt differently. Since i drive 80% ive gone with the car setup. I takes me about 30 seconds to move it if i wish so its not a big issue if i want to fly for a few days.

Also after a looooot of tuning and testing i only use small sharp movements for sway and try to have a 1:1 feel for roll when going in a straight line. To use any more sway would make the shift much to large in twisting turns and since i have a G seat im spoiled and use that.

I should never have built this thing haha. I was going to wait to build an SFX-100 but i got a 200mm 3 actuator setup in the works now. There's just to much binding cause of the lateral forces on the dampers when flying. Great for cars though, I'll try and stick some new oil in em though and see what happens. Gonna take a few months with the SFX and if it works well i can sell them on and make someone else happy.

Edit:

I just finished fine tuning the Caterham for AC. Ive been driving 2 hours on the Nordschleife and this is by far my favorite combination! Ive been able to come so close to what i see and feel that even the crashes feels almost 1:1 . The grin i have on my face right now makes every penny and hour i've put into this hobby worth it 10 times over! When i get TL in here too... well i can only imagine!
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020