1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Reksoprodjo

Reksoprodjo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :hi: hi all, I am Reksoprodjo,
    I am INDONESIAN, working in the game and amusement company and found this great forum after googling racing cabinet for MAME's and guess what ? does not take long to me that everythings about the motion simulator is a new obsession, in addition to CNC and MAME :D
    REGARDS
  2. Bruceaust

Bruceaust Member

CNC Routing
    Balance:
    63Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi,
    I 've been iracing for a while now and want to take the sim concept to the next level. I am a keen builder of all things!
    I have built my own static rig and are steadily making improvements.
    Builing a SLI dash at the moment, and will shortly build some load cell pedals.
    I DEFINITELY will build a 2DOF Joy ride type set up using Wiper motion.
    I am designing at the moment- I intend to make it out of 35 and 40mm thin walled RHS and brace everything
    with 6mm trusses. I also intend to fit 3 of 24 inch monitors as well.
    I have experinence in building CNC machines using steppers = large 3 xais router which I ues in my business.
    At this stage I am a little unfamiliar with the wiper motion systems, so I apologise in advance for any dumb questions!
    I live in Launceston Tasmania; if any others out there want to make contact with me regarding sim construction or iracing.

Regards,
    Bruce
  3. jay_in_cgohio

jay_in_cgohio New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all. New member here from Ohio. I purchased the joyrider plans a while ago and just never done anything with it. Now that I see there is a way to add electrical motion to it I am again interested. I do not really have a strong background in electronics but am not afraid to learn new things. I was a avid modler of planes and boats for many years and have even done a little wood working. I will continue to read and once I get started I am sure I will have many questions. I have added my location but cant get the phoogle to work. All I see is a empty white box. I get the same results if I use IE or Firefox.
  4. Dinkster

Dinkster New Member

Balance:
    9Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, im Scott from the uk, living in Spain, about to embark on a AMC/Wiper motor powered playseat conversion, will be bending ears soon with ideas and questions.....
  5. Gilby

Gilby New Member

Balance:
    556Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everyone
    Gilby from New Zealand here, looking into building K8055 + Sabertooth + Wiper motors GT Sim soon. :hi:
  6. mattsim25

mattsim25 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, my name is Matt from the US. I've been looking around this site for about a month trying to figure this all out. Still lots of questions but slowly figuring it out. I'm still trying to decide which style to build but leaning toward a motion platform. I'll start a post when I get started.
  7. Mpower

Mpower New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone. I'm completely new to pc gaming and indeed have not yet even built a pc. For the last few weeks i've been toying with the idea of a motion system as I crave more reality. Currently using G27 on a Gameracer Elite on PS3 which has served me well until now.

I looked first at the usual Frex route and Simxperience before stumbling upon this site. Sorted. Masses of info and experienced people with a willingness to help out. Exactly what every simbuilder needs.

Thanks to this amazing site and obviously the knowledge of people on it my dream is looking like a reality. I'm looking to build a 2 dof Scn5 system using alloy profile etc.

Thanks for a superb resource and everyone keep up the fantastic work. Hope to bug you all with lots of questions soon.

Simon.
  8. Montoiro

Montoiro New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I am a spanish new member

I want to make new staff for games not supported

I am apologize about my English.

Bye!
  9. Dalin

Dalin New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good Day X-Simmer's

So have finally decided to join the X-sim community after much browsing through the forum, and I must say that I am delighted to be a part of this community.
    in fact I aspire to learn all that I can and help others.

A bit more about myself: I am 22 years old and I am from South Africa. :hi:
    I have been inspired by Thano’s motion simulator after stumbling upon it on the net, I am very much into flight simulator and I have been researching cockpit builds for a few weeks now. My intention was never to build a motion simulator, but after realising that to DIY a simulator is very very attainable. :)

I hope you all know that, I will be bombarding you all with questions, as I hope to start my project in 2 weeks’ time.
  10. xXONESHOTXx

xXONESHOTXx New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,My name is Adam from Walls Mississippi.I am a GSE for a major shipping company in memphis tn......Anyway I can build or repair anything using wood and metal.......but on the electronic side of things not releted to cars or hevy equipment I am lost. I have allways been an adved gamer along with my two sons and have recently feel into the racing side of things since racing a couple of local dirt track races here. I have fooled around with alot of different projects from rc planes and cars to hod rod restoration and cant wait to learn more from this awesome site.
  11. michaelkremers

michaelkremers New Member

Constructie-bankwerker, pijpfitter en lasser (staa
    Balance:
    292Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Builders...

Hello,
    I am michael kremers from holland/netherlands.
    i came across this site via youtube (watching the insane video's from tronicgr :clap: ),so i wanted 1 also!!!
    started google and found this site :brows: !!!
    Great site with lots of reading/learning material...(this is good for me because i am a :? newbie)
    I am planning to build 1 simulator but have to do some researche first...
    greets michael... :cheers:
  12. evo360

evo360 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, My names Gareth and im a uni student from the northwest of England. I am totally baffled by the level of info on the site and cant wait to get going!
  13. dwain

dwain New Member

Sales Executive
    Balance:
    379Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Good Day Fellow X-Simmers :hi:

I am new to the forum, I have been spending much time learning as much as i can from all you very knowledgeable simmers and I I think it's time I introduce myself as well as my planned simulator project.

My Name is Dwain and I am a 31 year old Sales Executive from South Africa, I have always been fascinated with anything related to games, simulation etc..

Some of my Top 10 favourite arcade simulation games at my local arcade as a kid where:

1. Air Combat
    2. Nascar Racing
    3. Starblade
    4. Manx TT Superbike
    5. Sega Rally
    6. Virtua Racing
    7. Afterburner
    8. Top Gun
    9. Jurassic Park
    10. Top Skater

What I loved most about the simulation games was that it made you feel like you where in the game, not just controlling it with a joystick and I thought as a kid How I would love to have one of these in my house one day little knowing that 20 years later, technology would become so cheap and accessible that almost any one can build their own motion simulator!
  14. typerty

typerty New Member

Técnico em Informática
    Balance:
    325Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I found this site by a video seen on youtube.
    today I have added to my dreams the desire to have a car simulator.
    I'm from Brazil, I have found some difficulties to find parts to make the engine run:
    * Parallax HB-25
    * Basic Stamp2
    * ADC0831
    someone could send me your country?
    Please get in touch.

http://translate.google.com.br/

ola, descobri este site por um video visto no youtube.
    hoje tenho acrescentado a meus sonhos o desejo de ter um simulador de carros.
    sou do brasil, tenho achado dificuldades pra encontra certas peças para fazer o motor funcionar:
    * HB-25 Parallax
    * Stamp2 Basic
    * ADC0831
    alguém poderia me enviar de seu país?
    favor entra em contato.
  15. delumerlino

delumerlino New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi mates,
    I am Andrea from Italy.
    I am a member of the newly www.rbr-world.com, which is born from rbr-online.it.

We are planning to build some virtual cockpits, in modular way, from the basic stand with monitor and wheel until the fully moveable one simbly by adding parts.
    Our idea is to build something, maybe with 4 pistons, and I am here to investigate your solutions.
    I have read that now X-sim is compatible with Richard Burns Rally game (which will be our primary simulator), and now I am trying to find a customizable solution for us.
    Hope this community can help me!

Best regards,
    Andrea
  16. 6e66o

6e66o New Member

Balance:
    279Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,

my name is Georg,
    i recently bought a SimXperience Stage IV and i am looking forward to dig into X-Sim and profile creation.

I am following this forum for quite some time now,
    and i think it´s amazing what you guys create here.

I hope to find some informations here how to get the best out of my rig.
  17. fortplace

fortplace New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I'm in the East Midlands in the UK, I have been looking for a way to get motion into my gaming for years, I recently was put onto this forum by a friend.

I have been looking here at how to go about build Thanos' motion sum, after spending about 4 hours going through the RS components catalogue, with little success & a little more research through these pages I have discovered this

RN-VN2 DualMotor

http://www.shop.robotikhardware.de/shop ... c5496c69b2

Would this be OK to replace some or all of Thanos' AVC & Dual Mosfet Bridge?

As I would now like to get something working while I continue searching through the catalogues for all the correct components, as I have already ordered the boards.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to supply me with.
  18. MSKHAN

MSKHAN New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I am khan. I am designing a stewart platform. We are doing it as a team of 3. I am currently seeking a software to help me control the 6 hydraulic actuators to bring the platform to life. However, I am struggling with it. Is there anyone who can help ? I have started a thread to seek help from people that know about this.

Thanks
    Khan
  19. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings,
    My name is Jim Smith, I've been building a joyrider flight sim for about 3months and it's a blast! I've been reading the forum for about 6 mos. However, I came to an abrupt halt when it came down to making the darn thing go. I'm using the bs2 Stamp with HB-25s and a Kp3 interface. Does the USO still use AB~255~~a01~~a02~? Looking forward to your views on what could be going on here!!
  20. Panici

Panici New Member

Second Year Electrical Engineering Studnet
    Balance:
    244Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

I came to the site via a suggestion to look into X-Sim for my needs.
    I'm in the planning stages of building a setup for rFactor (and others later) and an arduino unit.

I'm going to make a thread once I have some of the details worked out.

Until then, Hello from Canada!
    Panici