1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. streetworm

streetworm New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! :hi:
    I am new..... Talk to you in the forums!!!
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi There, my name is David.I live in Sydney Australia. I found this forum through a roundabout search on motion simulators.
    I have attached a photo of my home built racing simulator that I built from scrap aluminium bar and a seat I found at a junk sale. It has a driving force GT wheel and pedals and logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers
    The PC games are Dirt 2, Burnout Paradise, Grid, Need for Speed Shift, Hot pursuit , Split Second and F1 2010. I am planning to build a motion style seat and or complete frame for it. So I will now scrounge the forum here for info. I had a quick browse and you people are very talented :clap: .
    Cheers, David

Attached Files:

3. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Please let me introduce myself again,
    My name is Rafael and i am from Brasil and i work full time with CGI Architectural Visualization.
    I have little knowledge in electronics and since i was teenage i played lots opening and closing electronic toys.
    I did soldering all my life for daily stuff and i assemble all my PCs in the last 10 years.
    I did an intensive look to many threads in this forum in the last few days and i want to build my own DIY Motion Racing Simulator!
    As i work with CG maybe that can be useful to the community at some time.

RafBR.
  4. collara

collara New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    Im a new member and Im very glad to be a part of this family. I just completed the motorized joyrider by Tronicgr. Im using Ian's BFF pid-controller with the X-sim software and it works great. Im racing cars and flying planes and having a blast.
    Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and a special thanks to Sirnoname for your software.
    Alan
  5. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings,
    I'm new to the organization so please bear with me. I just completed the motorized joyrider by Tronicgr. I am using the :Basic Stamp 2, HB-25 x2, wiper motors and tons of wire. However, I can't get it to work... on the motor side everythings okay. My problem is getting the computers to communicate. I've been working on the project for months, and I will prevail!
  6. mwz06

mwz06 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just joined, I've read a number of posts here over the last few months and have been in contact with several sim racers and SimXperience gaining info about adding motion to my exisiting 8020 sim rig.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying all the benefits of this forum.

[​IMG]

THANKS in advance :D

Emery
    Omaha, NE USA
  7. Rainman

Rainman New Member

Industrial Electronics Technician
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

8) I have just registered from Australia ,my normal day job I automate & repair CNC & process type industrial machinery ,I have also been building stationary flight sims & controls for helicopters & planes.
    I recently completed 12 sets of 2 place aircraft rudder pedals for a contract.
    Bubbling away in my head at the moment is an idea to use industrial AC gear motors & invertors as giant RC servo equivalents ,I have the hardware ,now I just need to write the firmware to run it ,if all goes to plan I will be able to drive 2 motor setups from the 1 interface board using RC servo signaling.
    A concurrent project with that is a platform able to do full or multiple rotations on the rotary axis ,waiting on replies from the industrial suppliers.

http://www.rainman.tv :yippiee:

Mark
    Gosford ,NSW
    Australia
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    @Rainman

Actually our community needs more flight sim projects. So far the bias is definatly towards car racing. Well, I guess that's mainly because of the easy to setup SCN5 actuators. Anyway, I am looking forward to your progress.

Most projects fail due to hardware costs. As you have the hardware available, the odds are really good that you will be able to get something working.

Regarding multiple rotations. As you want to write your own firmware for the servo controllers, you probably will have to code something, which keeps the motors turning in the same direction, when the input data switches from 360 to 1degree, instead of reversing the direction and move backwards. However, I am sure we are able to work something out, once you have your hardware set up.

Have fun and keep us posted
    ego
  9. Deleted member 4973

Deleted member 4973

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to x sim. I have just built a frex simconmotion and excited to get as much info as possible. So far it has been hard work getting it working properly. Waiting for actuators to wake up and work and a little fustrating trying to get games to work with it. Hope i can find some helpful info and peeps here. Great site!!!
  10. a38kram99

a38kram99 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all! well iv decided to build my first motion sim for flight sim! Im not sure where to post besides here. So i have a web page (no adds) that my son has been working with so anyone can see how im building it! check it out! http://mtflightsim.tk
  11. tikebek70

tikebek70 New Member

Balance:
    352Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone!

I'm glad i found this forum, been reading it quite a bit over the last few days.

I live on the north shore of Montreal, Canada. I am looking into building my first simulator, most probably using SCN5's.

If anyone one is in my neighborhood and wants to show me their project, I wouldn't mind taking a look before I start to build it! ;)

Salut du Québec!
  12. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Q: Why do I become a member of this forum?
    A: I love to play sim for weekend..and I love to DIY anything about sim more.
    :hi: welcomen to all new member
  13. ultimateautohaus

ultimateautohaus New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Pictured here is the simulator I was lucky enough to get three years ago for almost nothing ($1000.00).
    Was wondering if anyone knows what I’ll need to make this work.
    I’m a total noob. But willing to learn and think I’m off to a good start.
  14. portugal2002

portugal2002 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heya. Antonio here and want to build a 2 dof sim with wiper motors. I need help as to the parts list I need to build it. I'm thinking of using the k8050(???) system with 2 motors moving a chair on a pivot. The drawing is of an upgrade to 3dof for after I get the sim working so ignore the bearing and 3rd small blue actuator. Any ideas of where to start? Thanks

Attached Files:

15. chupepe

chupepe New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetins to everyone from Puebla, Mexico i'm a newbie here, but i'll try and catch up quickly, i've been working simultaneously to open a sim center locally, next step is to get at least 1 motion platform, you can find some photos here:

airmosquito.site11.com

Bye
  16. happytriger2000

happytriger2000 New Member

Product DesignerPart time cnc operator.
    Balance:
    348Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Freddy, been reading a lot on SCN5, got myself a couple of those Linear actuators from salvage yard and will probably need some help from his forum on setting up between the software and the electronics.
    I'm also a member of cnczone, for those who are interested in building their own parts, e.g. wood panels for arcade cabinets, etc.. via cnc machine then join cnczone.
    link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kBnySIVDwQ

regards,
  17. ludiol

ludiol New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I am 37 years old and live in Luxembourg. My friends call me nuts because I have a racebase in my Home Theater (315 cm screen JVC DLA HD350 beamer and JAMO D500 THX Soundsystem).

I have been racing for some years now with my little simulator, which is not motion based up to this point. I am actually trying to get my buttkicker running with x-sim, because I feel that the actual use with this shaker is absolutely not accurate and I want to use it more as as force feedback than only a shaker.

Maybe later I am going to build a DIY motion base (hope to be skilled enough), or buy a commercial solution (frex, simexperience or similar).

Right now I am glad to have found even crazier people than me and hope to find some answers to my questions.
  18. SIMPOWER

SIMPOWER New Member

Balance:
    229Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i'm Federico from Argentina and i'm a Kart and Formula Driver. I'm trying to make my first SIMPROGT so, thats one of the reason i'm here, the other is to meet other people with the same passion as me and to share all the things i can. Hope we get on with!

Fede
  19. oliver0513

oliver0513 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

new member and come with a DIY project...

[​IMG]

...see you soon :hi:
  20. getsupercharged

getsupercharged New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!

I am ....new. Well, on here at least. I live in Canada and have made several simulators and other peripherals in my time. I look forward to challenging new projects as well as helping others on the site with any specific knowledge I may have.

Cheers!