1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. RiftFlyer

RiftFlyer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hi Trent. I think a solution to this problem is in the works. I'll reply in the Oculus thread here:

http://www.xsimulator.net/community...ive-3d-vr-virtual-reality-headset.3960/page-3
  2. killemall

killemall New Member

Balance:
    - 100Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi together.

I'm Martin from Austria, and I already build my Smulator last year. Currently I running x-sim software, but as I'm currently redesigning the simulator, I will give the SimTools a try.
    I will post some more info on my Simulator later on.
  3. dukabmw

dukabmw New Member

Balance:
    450Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    Just a short introduction, I am 50 yo male and have had my interests in a simulator spurned by a taste of something different, and am interested in building my own simulator for the satisfaction of building it, and hopefully it works to my expectations.

I have an idea in my head on the design, and after researching, I came across this site and will use information, and also contribute my failures and successes.

Hope to communicate as I start my project
  4. gil320

gil320 New Member

Balance:
    314Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    Hi friends,
    I'm happy to join this forum after some search at google found such amount of DIY projects and a lot of help from you guys. I'm Brazilian but living in Macau - China.

Regards to all

Gil
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello @dukabmw , and welcome, good to see another east coaster here as well.
    Just start a new thread here http://www.xsimulator.net/community/forums/diy-motion-simulator-projects.22/ with your ideas and we can advise.
    Cheers, David.
  6. Amresh naik

Amresh naik New Member

Balance:
    284Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, SimAxe, JRK, Joyrider, SimforceGT, Motion platform, 6DOF
  7. Dudi

Dudi New Member

Balance:
    139Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello! I'm new member here.

I am just lerning the basic of the Arduino, and my plan is to build a realistic Tupolev-154 cockpit.

If you can help me in anything I will be very thankful! :)
  8. Toolmaker

Toolmaker New Member

Balance:
    149Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, my son and I found this site not long ago after we decided to have ago building a cockpit simulator. We have made a 6 dof simulator using Rc servos to help us understand things better and yes it all works. A big thank you from us for the Sim Tools software it is really good, and so easy to use. We live in Auckland, NewZealand so if anyone is close say Hi.

Kind Regards
    Jim
  9. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,876Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi Jim!

Congratulations for a working miniature sim! Could you share a video?
    It's really a good project to do with a son ;-)
    Yours
    Mat from not so close France!
  10. wil1o

wil1o New Member

Operations Engineer
    Balance:
    325Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, been a member of the forums for a while but never got around to posting anything and kinda been away from the sim scene for the last few years. Now looking to get back into things and restart my plan to build a simulator, going to start simple and work my way up over time (as experience allows) to a 6DoF rotational sim :) that's the plan anyway as long as the BH agrees!! Will be using the great knowledge on here to help as I go along.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dedux

dedux New Member

Balance:
    209Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    hello, my name is Eduardo and I live in Brazil. I'm here for more information about Mjoy16 board. My biggest doubt is as to her support on the PS3. Has anyone tried to mount your simulator for PS3? which card used? meanwhile, I'll continue reading more about this board, whereas in Brazil it costs $ 165 and is a high price to me hahahah.

nice to meet you!

translated by google traslator xD
  12. solutionhacker

solutionhacker New Member

Balance:
    - 41Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, my name is Dominick. I am a programmer and inventor who develops a wide range of software applications for both PCs and smartphones. I've had extensive knowledge on programming languages such as .NET, C++, HTML, PHP, Java, and ASP. In addition, I am a hobbyist who takes great interest with computer hardware, robotics, mechatronics, and computer science.

In June 2013, I built a fully functional 2DOF Arduino-Pneumatic Flight Simulator at my high school. With the guidance of my Physics Professor, Dr. Bert Pinsky, we were among the few to accomplish such a project in the history of California High Schools. I have posted my documentation of how I built the simulator on the Instructables website as well as making my own website for this project. However, I fully realize that our flight simulator has its own limits. This is why I joined the Xsimulator community - to gain better knowledge and share my experience with fellow hobbyists like you.

If you would like to get more information about my Flight Simulator, you can visit: http://lifebeam.net/flightsim

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,876Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Very nice Instructables tutorial! :thumbs
    Welcome here! What limits do you intent to push?
    Reactivity maybe?

Yours
    Mat
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Toolmaker

Toolmaker New Member

Balance:
    149Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mat,
    I do have some videos of our Test 6 dof platform they are in mp4 format but don't seem to be able upload them.
    Jim.
  16. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,391Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Upload to youtube @Toolmaker then you can add them to a post or inturn zip (WinRAR) the files and attach to a post, first method preferred.
  17. luiz carlos g s

luiz carlos g s New Member

Balance:
    379Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino, SimforceGT, Motion platform
    Sou do brasil, Analista de Sistemas tecnico em eletronica, ESTOU inciando o Projeto de hum cabine que F16, Espero Poder CONTAR com a Ajuda de Todos e Poder contribuir com ESSE fórum.

Luiz.
    Brasil
  18. André Vasconcelos

André Vasconcelos Member

Engenharia mec.
    Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    Olá a todos, aqui
    Meu nome é André Vasconcelos e eu sou do Brasil.
  19. fred06200

fred06200 New Member

plonger sous marine informatique rally
    Balance:
    215Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Bonjour, je suis bien content d'avoir trouvé un site comme le votre avec des personnes qui aide des nouveaux comme moi.
    je vais construire un simulateur dynamique avec un volant ( ClubSport Wheel Base EU, BMW M3 GT2 Rim for ClubSport Wheel EU, Formula Rim for ClubSport Wheel EU, CSR Pedals EU) voila pour le volant, avec vibration (ButtKicker low frequency audio transducers).
    pour les jeux F1 2013, et Richard Burns Rally.
    un grand merci à vous pour le savoir.
    Frédéric de Nice :cheers :thumbs
  20. Fezzek

Fezzek New Member

IT
    Balance:
    67Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Newbie here. I traded a few messages with motiondave on insidesimracing.tv and he pointed me this way.

I was looking at a simxperience stage 4, but for the £6000 it will cost in the UK unassembled, I thought I should look at other options. So here I am :)

Martin