1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Good choice :)
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats cool @K1FF , are you going to use Simtools on it? What sort of frame did you have in mind?
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    @K1FF welcome to the community mate, shame you didnt do some reading before you bought the starter kit as it can be fabricated for a lot less than he sells them for.
    But in turn the kit is well built, you get what ya pay for with him.
  4. K1FF

K1FF New Member

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    Gday bsft & eaorobbie !! I have started the frame today!! :) will get some shots up probable tomorrow. I don't know which way to go yet as this is all new to me!! Just that I have all-ways wanted a Sim but could not afford one and now with the kits and stuff I thought I would have a go at it!!
  5. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Please beware the scn5 will not last long if they are moving the whole sim , basically they work best and last the longest as a seatmover setup, overloading them will void the 12 month warranty.
  6. K1FF

K1FF New Member

Balance:
    723Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    What if its balanced ? and is it to much shaking for the monitors?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you risk damaging monitors, balanced or not, and if you plan to move monitors with you, use boat winches and JRKS.
    SCNs will NOT move such a large frame, they are not designed for that.
    Some people may have gotten away with full frame, screens sattic in the past, but as Rob says, you will void warranty on the kit.
  8. sgtjay5

sgtjay5 Member

Balance:
    674Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello everyone,
    I'm not sure how I just stumbled on this site and it looks very promising. I've been a member of X-Sim for a while, but this is actually the first time I've seen this site and SimTools. Well, I've been working on and off of my project for a little while now, due to new baby, work, life, you know. My rig is still in the development/pre-build stage, but is based off of the Joyrider concept, hopefully advancing to full rotation. My game of focus is Wings of Prey. Yes it's an older game, but it's still a blast to play or just fly around using the Oculus Rift. I'm glad to have found this site and see some peeps from the other site here too. I'm excited to see how SimTools works. Merry Christmas and God bless.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    welcome, Simtools is outstanding motion software, leaves x-sim well in the dust. I suggest you start a new thread here http://www.xsimulator.net/community/forums/diy-motion-simulator-projects.22/ and let us know what you are up to.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    HI @sgtjay5
    Good choice to stray around here :thumbs
    From the posts I've read Wings of Prey must be a great simulation.
    Now I'm not aware of a working motion plugin for Wings of Prey. Any information you have could be helpful.
    T.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sgtjay5

sgtjay5 Member

Balance:
    674Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi value1,
    It's a great arcade style simulation. If you want to actually use trim, adjust your mix, etc., then the other IL-2 games are good for that. Wings of Prey, however, is good if you want to just jump into a cockpit, fly around and shoot stuff. I have also not found a plugin for it, so I'm trying to use what I did with X-sim, using found memory values for roll and pitch. I'm trying to use that information and make the plugin. Using the instructions to create a plugin for a game is not working well for me at the moment. It fails when I try to build the project with a "FileLoadException was unhandled" error. I have to use the MemHook option, since Wings of Prey is not that great in giving out values. Which also means that I don't know if the plugin I'm trying to make will work for everyone without modification. I know you've made several plugins, so any help is greatly appreciated.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome @sgtjay5 you have strayed into the right place mate, we can use memhooks successfully in our game plugins and few of them do this well.
    Pass the details on for mem locations and we all can get involved and make this game SimTools supported, Yes @value1 is king in plugin creation we all owe him a very big thank you.
    Here you will find thing that are not in Xsim , members that support each other, freedom of information, and developers that are willing to listen to the users in order to make SimTools better and better, without you guys we are nothing.
    Merry Christmas and God bless you my brother.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. sgtjay5

sgtjay5 Member

Balance:
    674Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Wow. I've gotten more responses here in the last few hours than I ever did over there. Cool. This sounds like a very nice place. Well, since I'm assuming that this will be a long drawn out effort, should I post a new topic in under the SimTools support forum?
    • Like Like x 3
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep.
  15. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes please start a new post , place a feature request, mmm @Rene we need a Plugin Request marker for topics ,sorry if we have one.
    In the post could you please include mem offsets and game version so we may start to have a look at this. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AceOfSpies

AceOfSpies Living the Dream!

Balance:
    19,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi sgtjay5 and welcome. You're absolutely correct this forum is a nice place to be. Jump in and feel the warmth.

Mike :cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, the software is free here and you are not forced to pay for an offline licence fee...nor pushed to buy a product that doesnt work.
  18. sgtjay5

sgtjay5 Member

Balance:
    674Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Sounds better every minute!
  19. sgtjay5

sgtjay5 Member

Balance:
    674Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  20. niner_zero

niner_zero New Member

Balance:
    - 48Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I am Jacob and a long time flight simulator enthusiast. Recently i started building my cockpit and stumbled upon this site. I was always fascinated by motion simulator and i am smitten by the idea of building one of my own. Thanks to this great site, i feel i can do that in near future.

Jacob