1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. AceOfSpies

AceOfSpies Living the Dream!

Balance:
    19,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi Prodigy,
    Its interesting that you can't get JRK's and your ZYT90's to work. This is exactly the setup I have on my sim. The motors are placed at the pedals, and once I sorted out the PID using the JRK program, I have never had a problem with them.

My only feeling is that they are possibly too weak for the weight on the platform, and I'm considering swapping them out for the "Aussie" motors. That being said, I do get good motion from them, just not as "dynamic" as I would like.

Mike :cool:
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Depends on your setup, got a photo?
  3. AceOfSpies

AceOfSpies Living the Dream!

Balance:
    19,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Hi David,
    I have a GTOmega static frame mounted on a wooden platform. The ZYT90 motors form a 700mm triangle with the Universal joint. SAM_0370.JPG
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Well Gday @prodigy good to see you have come to the better forum.

Yep I am BobBuilt from the other place, after an internal breakdown over there, I had left sims all together, actually was that upset with them I sold all my gear and got rid of a lot of my info, but MotionDave dragged me back into them and informed me of the new software coming and ask me if I would lend a hand and get this baby to a public release, the team here put in a massive effort to shape it in a way that it would not look like or run like xsim at all. A really nicely written piece of software that can expanded with the community and developers who listen to the community too makes a big difference.

In the turmoil of leaving the other site, somebody (admin/mod) went through most of my posts that contained information and removed them, even attacked my youtube / google account, sorry if they deleted any of your information, I was their target. Shame cause they only hurt themselves by doing it, lost alot of jrk information I had written for them and dashboards too. Oh well Im slowly rebuilding them here.

Those motors will work fine in SimTools on Jrks, the pids the secret in getting them to rock pretty hard, but in turn I fear they might not move your rig properly where you have position them, But Dave has done this before on one of his sims, handball, What did you do Dave. ?
    I use them on a seat mover setup with rear mounts to the shoulder and the vibes get that nasty in Dirt3 the eyes have trouble focusing, rattling in their sockets.

So start a post mate, lets try and get you sorted into this wonderful software we have today. Plus a Game Plugin list to die for, yipeee.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dunno what I did, I will look into his post and have a gawk. Pics of JRK PID and motor settings would help though
  6. ericRacer

ericRacer You get old because you stop playing ! Gold Contributor

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi, i don't know if that can help you but my sim have a similar size of yours with similar motors. before replacing your motor you could try this......

I had the same problem , i was using a PID mathematical formula with XPID and i have not good respond from it. It is like i had a too long loop process ... then i changed the PID formula with the following link and i have got better success....

i hope this can help you before replacing your motors....

http://public.iutenligne.net/automa.../tpasservissement/pages_schoeffer/antenne.htm
  7. carril

carril New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola mi nombre es Juan Manuel, y deseo construirme un simulador para coches, vuestra pagina es muy interesante y esperopoder sacar la informacion necesaria para mi proyecto, un saludo a todos.
  8. carril

carril New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hola disculpenn la entrada anterior pero no sabia como poner mi entrada, como les comente soy nuevo en el foro y mi idea es construir un simulador para rallys y carreras de coches en general. me parece maravillosa vuestra pagina y espero poder encontrar lo necesario para mi proyecto y de paso si puedo poder aportar algo a canvio. un cordial slaudo a todos
  9. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome friend we can help you along your way without an issue ,Mate.
    Start a build post to put your idea out there, and from there people can advise you what to do nexted. Please use English , even with a translator will be fine, you will get a better response from the members.
    Welcome.

Spanish Translation.

Bienvenido amigo le podemos ayudar a lo largo de su camino sin problema, amigo.
    Inicie un post construcción para poner su idea por ahí, y desde allí la gente puede aconsejarle qué hacer nexted. Utilice Inglés, incluso con un traductor estará bien, usted obtendrá una mejor respuesta por parte de los miembros.
    Bienvenido.
  10. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Link does not show, Jrk Pid control is a world away compared to the xpid, xpid is pretty bad at it compared to a Jrk.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fabio

fabio New Member

Balance:
    353Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    buongiorno a tutti.
    mi chiamo fabio e sto sviluppando un simulatore di volo. sono attratto da queste mitiche piattaforme e visitando i vari siti mi sono imbattuto in questo che mi sembra un sogno...
    al momentonon ho il tempo di costruirne uno quindi sono alla ricerca di un volenteroso che voglia darmi una grossa mano..
    in cambio posso dare una mano a lui.. ma non voglio svelare subito le mie carte...
    complimenti a tutti per i vostri progetti...
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we have some base settings that may help, but we need to see screen shots of your JRK settings first
  13. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    the link works for me but it isn't clear maybe o_O , you have to download the small example.

It could be interresting to have a comparison chart of several micro-controller and see the advantages and disadvantage of each.

When I started building my simulator, I chose Arduino because I was beginning to understand it, not necessarily because it was the best choice. o_O

just a suggestion!;)

Eric:cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ericRacer

Pilot
    Balance:
    989Coins
    Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome fabio !

there are a lot of guys here who can help you ! :cool:
  15. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    @ericRacer I agree with your choice , if familiar with them, then you will have a successful sim and others have shown here.
    I awaiting my picaxe 28x2 and sabertooth to turn up, next build on the way slowly, plus I like to learn new things and test so I can help others sometimes. I have had the Ard firwares featured on the other site running a sim before , but plug me jrks back in , set and forget and play.

Welcome fabio,
  16. ALEX

ALEX New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    Hey guys!
    I am a new member in sité. Your information and your help is important.
    Begin constructing a simulator with two motors. I hope to make it with the valuable help of the forum.

Thanks everybody
  17. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Welcome Alex!
  18. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Welcome @ALEX that's what we do best here, help people realize their dreams of sims are reachable. Start a build post so we all can help you along.
  19. Rinus janssens

Rinus janssens Active Member

environmental construction
    Balance:
    2,153Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5
    Hi all,

I've been around a for some time and I realised that I didn't introduce myself.

I'm Rinus Janssens living in Spijkenisse in the Netherlands I am a simracer
    This year I've build myself a 2dof SCN5 simrig witch I'll use only for simracing.
    I'll will make a post asap in DIY Motion Simulator Projects.
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    righto then