1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. NavyGator

NavyGator New Member

Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found this website while helping my brother in law build his Joyrider. At this point, we have decided to redesign the roll and pitch portion of the simulator and motorize it using the wiper motor set up and interfacing with the DIY hardware and software from this site.

My next task will be to convince my wife that I need a motion simulator and begin building my own which will probably be based off the Joyrider.

I guess I should give some background information about myself.
    My name is Rich and I live in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. I am 30 years old and a member of the US Navy and currently attending college at the University of Florida. I am dual enrolled in the mechanical and aerospace engineering program and I will graduate this December, finally.

I have spent probably 2 or 3 months reading all of the different forums on this site before I finally joined. There is a wealth of information on here and it is amazing to see so many other motion simulator designs. It looks like everyone is supportive and encouraging of the other users when it comes to new motion simulators projects and the software/hardware development.

Thanks,

Rich
  2. learzy

learzy New Member

Balance:
    277Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, my name is Israel and I'm from Merida, Yucatán Mexico. I found this site while I was watching some videos on youtube.

I'm a car's fan and I would like to build my own simulator.

I think it's not going to be very ease because there's no hardware dealers near by.

Well I think I'm going to read a little about each trhead.
  3. soyo

soyo New Member

Student
    Balance:
    277Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, my name is Saulo Barbosa, from the middle of brazil, 23 years old, graduating in mechanical engineering in Federal University of Mato Grosso.
    I start my graduation with the objective of working in the motion simulation area, so this community is a dream for me :yippiee:

My first objective is project and build a force feedback steering wheel, i only have a MS sindewinder steering wheel without FF... :thbd:
  4. FeniXreBorN

FeniXreBorN New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello fellows,

My name is Humberto Pinto I'm new to this forum and I really want learn how to make an sim.
    I'm Portuguese live in Porto and have 26 year old. I have an Metal work company with some employers and have lot experience with metal.
    I know making projects in Solidworks Autocad and an few more programs. I can make some drawings and publish them for making some sort of Tutorial guide for frame starting.

Beside working whit metal I have work several years with aluminum profiles that many people use as frame. I know some companies that sell this kind of profiles and accessories, like http://www.Fasten.es or http://www.mk-group.com. Fasten is an Spanish company and Mk is an Germany group, both of this companies have great solutions and great products.

I have also make some projects in past with pneumatic solutions and I really know how hard is to control pressure and flow rates.

In general I have some knowledge about metal construction drawing features and a bit of movement creation.

I hope that with some of my time some of my dedication and a lot of help I can make my own sim.

At hardware level I have an Clevo M57RU whit an Intel Dual core 2.5Ghz, 4.00 GB of ram, an Nvidia 8700 Gt, an Razer DiamondBack mice, an 3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer for Drawing and an Logitec G27 wheel for driving.

The games that I mostly play are racing so thats why I'm trying to create an sim.
    Since I live in Europe I would love to buy the SCN5 but that cost a lot and I play occasionally so I don't need that expensive solution.
    At the same time I don't want to have an pneumatic solution because a lot of bad experiences in past.
    I have an limited space so the smaller the sim and lightest sim the best for me.

Sorry for this big introduction but this way I will solve some future questions.

Best Regards
    Humberto Pinto
  5. Gianni

Gianni New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    129Coins
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    Hi Everyone, I'm Gianni and I live in Sydney..
    I'm very fond of racing simulation and I have also found this site by pure coincidence. I have done some racing in the past, very minimal.. just to get the idea of what speed is all about. After trying an X-Box chair during a computer show here in Sydney I have been dreaming of building myself one, I have alrady build a fixed chair few years back and now a 2DOF would be great. I have already designed my full metal pipe set up and assembled all Thanos AVR and H-bridge but before getting carried away in building the steel frame, I need to fully complete the electronic hardware and software side of this exiting new project. I understan that this will take a lot of time and patience but I'm confident that the end result will pay all of these back.
    Bets regards
    Gianni
  6. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all. I am new here from the U.S. I am wanting to build a inexpensive 2dof system using the windshield wiper method. SC5's are out of my budget. Was interested in ApacheXMD simple chair on here for its compactness and cost. Can Tronicgr's electronics be used instead of Futaba servos?
  7. avaisane

avaisane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there my racing fellows.
    It's so good to see how many of us share the same passion for racing. Opportunity to get and share information through this forum is fantastic. I'm just starting my project on building a sim (ordered scn5's and other gears) and I'm soooo excited about getting started.
    About me, I'm a software engineer and living in Oulu, Finland.
    Cheers, Antti
  8. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Antti!

:cheers:
  9. apsydsim

apsydsim New Member

Balance:
    - 40Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I am from Sydney in Aus, reading and learning...

The SCN5's are on the plane...

The G25 is in stock, as are the PC's

The Seat needs to be purchased...

The MIG Welder and cutoff saw need to be purchased....

The raw metal needs to be purchased...

So there is a small learning curve to be dealt with... and then it will be onto some driving fun.

Cheers,
    AP
  10. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome apdysim. That sounds like quite a list! Good luck.

11. MotorV8ed

MotorV8ed New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gday Peoples, My names Shannon and I reside in Margaret River. Western Australia Avid sim Racer. I first stumbled onto motion simulators while i was looking for ideas on building my own race cockpit. Since watching my first video of a motion simulator in action i have been obsessing about one non stop.
    I'm out of my league here but in due time i will take on the challenge, Right now i'm just trying to soak up as much info as i can through other builders experience really liking Leadfoot's setup and the 2DOF (i think for what i'm after this will be my starting point), Looking forward to further involvement cheers...
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome MotorV8ed!
  13. Mindcrime

Mindcrime New Member

Collision Center Owner
    Balance:
    377Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All!
    My name is Dominick, I live in Phoenix Arizona where I own and operate a collision repair facility (that means I broke!) lol I found this site while surfing for the latest in sim seating. All I can say is WOOHOO!I raced shifter karts back in the day, I also have raced and worked in the RC car field for over 15 years. I retired from RC about two years ago and have been looking for something to take its place ever since. This all started because I wanted to get involved in the iRacing thing, that opened the door to all kind of new things, I feel like a kid again.. I can't wait to get started! If there is anybody in the Phoenix area feel free to contact me!

Happy Racing.... err umm siming? lol
    Dom
  14. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello everybody,

My name is Murray and Im located on the SunshineCoast in Queensland, Australia. When looking for information regarding seats and cockpits little over a week ago I discovered X-Sim and my youth again...lol!

I recently sold my Skyline GTR and Rotax Racing Kart and have been looking for something to fill the spot since. Thanks to the knowledge I have found within this forum I have started my own project and look forward to enjoying another side to my current racing games.

Thanks again.

Muz
  15. Mindcrime

Mindcrime New Member

Collision Center Owner
    Balance:
    377Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Muz,
    Seems like we are all looking to replace something! I know how you feel.... as you can see from my post above I was doing pretty much the same thing as you, I was just looking for a stationary design... now that isn't even an option! Good luck! keep us posted on your progress!
  16. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Oi and welcome.
  17. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hey Dom,

Likewise buddy, the sim will be safer but like all good fun things, they still cost a bit to set up. Im digging the idea of not replacing broken parts with this hobby though LOL!

Look forward to your progress too.
  18. leonpo

leonpo New Member

Balance:
    - 25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

My name is Leon and I am simulator cockpits builder... Until now i was more focused on flight simulator (FSX, X-PLANE, Falcon, DCS) but after trying iRacing, I am hooked for racing.
    Just ordered from SimXperience some actuators and dumpeing kit and waiting for start building on my own. .

Regards

Leon
  19. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Leon!

20. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

And make sure you post some pictures, even better videos of your setup!