1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Are YOU a NEW MEMBER? Introduce HERE!

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by fermevc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. tonyuk100

tonyuk100 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, im fairly new on here, I am a complete noob with electronics etc also, but im determined to make a motion sim. I have just had my AVR boards delivered to me today, which i have posted pics of on here, and i have got nearly all the components which tomorrow will start to be soldered onto the boards (hopefully).
    A little tip for anyone who like me can only speak and read 1 language, if you want to read all the forums even the ones that are in a different language use this site:- http://translation2.paralink.com
    you can copy and paste complete posts and translate it to your own language.
  2. Zhuravlik

Zhuravlik New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everybody!

I am a complete newbie in this community. The truth is that I'm fascinated with your knowledge and I have decided make my own simulator myself. Right now I'm reading the basic posts of hard and soft, be patient with my questions :D

Sorry for my english!!

Regards
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome!

:cheers:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. knubs

knubs New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I too, am also a new member...I stumbled onto this site a year ago, saw that it was way over my head and left it...Then about a month ago my passion to build a simulator brought me back. This is when I signed up and became an official member. I haven't stopped reading since!

-knubs
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hendrixlebt

hendrixlebt New Member

Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    Time to introduce myself now. My name is Ralf and I'm from Hamburg.
    My hobbies are VR (rfactor), flightsims and my motorbike (zrx 1200r).
    As I'm a mechanical eng., my skills in electronics are not very high, but with some instructions and info, which hardware components to use/combine, I should be able to get things working.
    I saw this site for the first time about a year ago, when I had the idea to build some kind of motion simulator. That was, when I also registered for this site. Since then I was reading this forum sporadically.
    Now, as I'm moving from my girlfriends flat to my own, I think I'll have time (and space) to build a new race-rig with some kind of motion sim.
    I thought of something like ultraforcesim and for the first step a x-sim controlled ivibe-cushion (I already own it, but smoked the controller).
    So if anyone already has some experiences with these products, any help (preferred in german or english language) would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Ralf
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Joana.autoparts

Joana.autoparts New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice to know you !

:) HI,everybody,i am new here !I am a Chinese and do auparts business .Nice to know you!
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Joana,

feel welcome. I moved your topic into the right place.

regards
    René
  8. Gilly

Gilly New Member

Balance:
    540Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Folks!

How the hell have you kept this place a secret from me? I must live a sheltered life.

Thanks to njracer who told me about this place, many thanks! :thbup:
  9. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Gilly,

we decided to disclose the secret, so no more secrets any more :) Welcome to the growing x-sim community !

regards from germany
    René
  10. rapapar

rapapar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I'm RapApaR from france
    I play live for speed with my G25 and I think I can realese a simulator a day
    with endless screew and drill motors :)
    I will first do it with lego to discover electronical and to find new ideas
    :D
  11. dutch_anykey

dutch_anykey New Member

Intelligent networks gsm prepaid services and such
    Balance:
    305Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    O.k. time to introduce myself.

Maurice from Netherlands (Vierlingsbeek/Well close to the german border)
    36 years old, but when it comes to this stuff...more like 15 y/o haha
    Wife and two sons 6 and 9 y/o at them moment.
    My interests first of all RC helicopters....3d flying is my goal. currently my fav. heli is my trex-600
    Second hobby is light control. build my own dimmers and controllers, DMX controlled.........(for our yearly carnaval parade in the dark. with friends we build a parade wagon)
    And that's what got me here lol...This year we wanted moving parts on the parade wagon. But instead of hydraulics, I wanted electric motors that can be controlled over DMX. So I was googling for a good H-bridge. And came across Tronic's H-bridge. Parts are ordered and etching pcb's starts this week ;-) I'm back in the hobby again lol.
    But after the yearly carnaval projekt I will use this stuff to build my own motionsim !!! yeah. Wanted it for quite sometime already, but in those days there was only gp-patch...and i'm not a programmer. But things evolveld in these years. I'm glad that I came across this site. X-sim seems to be the key here!! Finally I can start my projekt. I already arranged two progress managers locally here, that will keep an eye on the timeline here.(my sons) Unfortionatly I found out that I also got a financial director..(my wife).....Managers........

Got lots of reading to do. And want to plan a metal tube version of the joyrider. But first carnaval...

kind regards,
    Maurice

b.t.w. If anyone knows a nice way to control wiper motors with tronic's H-bridge and including feedback for positioning control ...controlled by RC transmitter....please please let me know. Thinking about a servo hack but i'm afraid there is no speed control for starting and stopping when it reaches the endpoints ;-)
  12. Neuner

Neuner New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New...

Always been into HomeTheater and recently Outdoor Theater with our neighborhood. Always thought it would be cool to set up two motion simulators on the big screen so friends could race against each other. It will be a long time before I would attempt to build anything and I also like to study before diving in. So I will most likely wander around in here trying to learn what I can for when I am able to move forward.

I'll be seeing you around...

Neuner
  13. WATCHER

WATCHER New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi to everyone here ,from Salonica Greece.I know about pc and i will try to make my first car simulator....and i will need your help....for now i;m still trying to start from somewhere to find out how i will built it.......Merry Christmas to all of you
  14. rfsalter

rfsalter New Member

owner of healthcare company
    Balance:
    532Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello,
    My name is Robert. I am a 50 year old who races at Limerock in Connecticut during the 6 or 7 months it is open.
    I have a country club membership where I get 60 days per year. It is very hard to use as many days as I would like and want to get seat time when I am not able to devote a whole day to motorsports. I am looking to get seat time through simulation.
    My budget is around 10-15 thousand U.S. dollars. I have looked on line at several options such as blue tiger (motion in base) and other providers of motion in seat and the SimXperience product. It would help greatly to hear from people regarding how to make a decision and if anyone has a design build service that is a better choice. Of course I would appreciate any input on how to get started. I will read and expect to be a good member of this community.
    THANKS,
    Robert
  15. smarterhometheater

smarterhometheater New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    HI,
    I'm Mike from Chicago, United States.
    I'm totally into Home Theater, and was looking at building a sim for my son (3 yrs), well OK, for me too!
    I bought the joyrider plans and have been understanding them, but thru Google, came across this site. How cool.
    I am totally going to build up the joyrider plans, but I have some really basic questions first. Kind of like in home theater, when I have to explain to people the difference between component, composite, DVI and HDMI!
    Is there a Glossary anywhere with all the terms?
    I really need a level 100 start at this.
    Thanks for the inspiration, and I look forward to contributing to this community!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Maurice,

My other hobby is RC helicopters as well :). I've been flying for over 6 years and have owned quite a few in that time include the T-Rex 600 electric and nitro and the T-Rex 700. I'm currently flying as a team pilot for Avant RC and own 2 Avant Auroras. I also own a Logo 600 with V-Bar running on 12s.

Welcome to the X-Sim forums :cheers:

....Mike
  17. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  18. Mads

Mads New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, im new here, my name is Mads and Im from Denmark

I am a complete noob with electronics etc also, but im determined to make a motion sim.
    and I am attempting to build a simulator using ac gearmotors.
  19. V8gina

V8gina New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi members,
    I was just about to spend some hard earned cash on a Frex setup then stumbled across this site via a youtube video. I'm sure glad I did as my recent discoveries have led me to believe that a 100% Frex system isnt the way to go.
    I look forward to learning, and helping others learn as I devote my spare time to enhancing my Sim Racing Experience.

I've been sim racing since Indy 500 on the Amiga 500, Microprose GP and all the current stuff like GTR series and R-factor.

Im looking to build a sim for both my home and my shop where I can showcase it from time to time for an attraction and build some new customers. I have a large electronics store and would like to include a simulator in my Home Theatre Room to attract business, and maybe meet some other enthusiasts from Sydney, Australia.

Thanks for having me.
  20. w8one

w8one New Member

unemployed due to DHL downsizing
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all my name is willy im from north central Ohio.

My son found a u-tube video of a 3 dof game setup and want me to make him one so here i go.
    im a ham radio operator my call is w8one.
    i like new challenges, i have made a computer animated christmas light display, this dosent seem to diffrent.
    http://www.youtube.com/w8one
    i have been reading for a while so it seems it time to join and start makeing a 3 dof racing chair.