1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial Arduino RevBurner driving a tachometer.

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by jamesdio, Oct 11, 2014.

1. cazsan

cazsan Member

Programmer
    Balance:
    403Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hello there!

I tried to replicate this and I'm facing weird issue I can't solve.
    If someone have any idea I'd really pleased.

Here are the links to the parts I use:
    The tacho itself boots. I'm able to play with it using external buttons and such. That a good first step.
    I figured out that my power source voltage is correct (12V) but the others are wrong (7.4 instead of 2.5 to 3.0V)...

I wired the Boost gauge too (based on youtube video from amstudio) and I'm getting also a weird buzzer sound, which makes it barely untestable.

I uploaded a video on youtube showing what's happening for my rig : here.

I also ordered a standard diode but It's slow shipping so I'm still testing with current zener diodes I have.
    If you might have some time to look at the following video. Thanks in advance.
  2. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    789Coins
    Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    Hello, there is 2 type of tip120 Darlington (NPN and PNP). I am not sure what is the difference and you used . could you help?
    thanks