1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Arduino IBT-2 and wiper motors

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Özden Büyüksanalan, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Özden Büyüksanalan

Özden Büyüksanalan Member

Balance:
    317Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi,

i am new to this whole Simrig building. I hope that i will be able to build one.

Now i have an Arduino Uno R3, 2 x IBT-2, 12V 29A Power supply and for testing one wiper motor
    with 40 Watt consumption.

I figured out which cables on the wiper motor is Ground, slow and fast.

But now i am a bit afraid of going on with my project. I read about the grounding problem
    of wiper motors. I also found a couple of informations regarding the isolation of wiper motors
    but i dont know, maybe i am too old (44) to understand that fast, what to do exactly to isolate
    the motors.

I have measured with a Multimeter. As you can see on the pictures there is nothing at the black body
    but the head gives me that measuring on the multimeter. Does this mean that my wiper motor is not
    isolated?
    body_contact.jpg head_contact.jpg head_contact2.jpg body_contact.jpg head_contact.jpg head_contact2.jpg
    For now i say thank you for everyone for his efforts and help.

Özden
  2. Özden Büyüksanalan

Özden Büyüksanalan Member

Balance:
    317Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi,

i put my fear aside and open the wiper motor.

I repeat, i was absolutetly clueless except that i know that there must be some point
    of contact between the brush of the motor and the body.

After i checked the wiper motor i see that there is a contact point between the brush
    and a screw which is used to mount the plate to the body inside.

I kill that connection and put a cable there for the ground signal.

After i assemble the motor again i measure with my multimeter nothing on the body.

I think i have done it.

Here attached a picture of the contact point.

isolation-point.jpg

Now i am going to assemble all of the parts one by one and then test it.

If it is successfull i will open a 2dof project Thread.

Regards
    Özden