1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial Another pot mount solution (Updated w/power theory)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Rodeo5150, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Rodeo5150

Rodeo5150 ROOKIE BUT LEARNING FAST Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    20220906_142318.jpg 20220906_142327.jpg 20220906_142332.jpg 20220906_142337.jpg 20220906_142311.jpg Hi all. This is for any newcommers that are looking for a way to mount your pots and get accurate feedback. Just 3D print some gears. ( hit me up if you want my .stl files but my dimensions might be different from yours) then drill a couple holes in your motor mount and bolt it all up. I suggest making the pot hole oblonged for making adjustments during smc3 alignment.

make sure that your gears are the same dimension round or you will get inaccurate feedback.
    You (In Theory) could actually slow or speed your rig up using different size gears if you wanted to actually. meaning that if the gear on the pot is smaller than the gear on the motor shaft your rig will speed up and vice versa.
    So if you're having a hard time getting enough movement or enough speed out of your rig. a smaller gear on the pot would in theory speed it up, hence giving it more motion. faster twitchier motion basically giving the illusion of being more powerful.
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2022