1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

AMC 1.5 help please

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by jdmevo123, Nov 29, 2010.

1. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello again Dale. Good thing you managed to program it!!!
    Are you following Thanos hyperterminal guide?
    If the lcd light up,it might work, but if connections are switced you wont have any data on it.
    Did you make that small lcd-connection-board?
    Show some pictures of the lcd connection, and again. if you describe step by step, and post pictures, it is more esy to help you.
    What windows-plattform are you using?

Fred
  2. jdmevo123

jdmevo123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply, I am not using the LCD connection board, I just wired it straight to the lcd, is that alright?

In regards to step by step I do the following.

1) Flip dip switch to position 2. I connec tthe serial cable to the computer db9 connection and the serial connection of the amc board(note: not the programming db9 the other one)
    2) Open hyper terminal on windows xp and put in the parrameters as per Thanos guide to open new connection.
    3) I restart the AMC and wait for hyper terminal to show the connection, however nothing is displayed.

I look at the LCD and there is no data, there is only blank squares.

So i guess can you answer the following,

do I need the lcd connection board?
    wil the connection board fix the lcd not showing anything?
    Will the lcd connection board cause the hyper terminal not to show anything?

Thanks
    Dale
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's alright, but you connected the LCD wrong.

Fixing the LCD will not fix the problem with hyperterminal.
  4. jdmevo123

jdmevo123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so could it possible be that if I fix the LCD the firmware will show up on the LCD?

So that means there is something wrong in the circuit for Hyper terminal?
  5. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did you make it work Dale? If you make the lcd work it is easyer to be shure that amc is working correct, so you might try that first. Strange if it wont work with hyperterminal if you are able to program it thru that com port. Ofcourse it can be something wrong with the port on amc also. Does it communicate with x-sim?

Fred
  6. jdmevo123

jdmevo123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi fred,

I will be trying the lcd later on today. Hyper terminal wont work, am I using the right port, i use the same port as x-sim for hyperterminal right?

I will install xsim tonight and see if it communicates. Hopefulyl i can get this working finally.
  7. fredspeed

fredspeed New Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Right or left,,, depends of how you are holding it :) But you are right, the port next to power supply you used for programming, the other one used for communicating with hyperterminal and x-sim on your computer. Good luck
  8. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    hy guys,
    DIP2 over..., the connector is connected to tx? Immagine 131.jpg
    is there a guide on the first post tronic, following it step by step it works!
    greetings
  9. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    For HyperTerm to work, you need to connect both bridges (two way communication). I can't see well on pic, but you're missing two wires on one of two bridges. Make two 3 lead cables (you already have one) and use this guide http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/download/file.php?id=612 if you already didn't read it, which I doubt.
    BR, Igor
  10. micma80

micma80 Member

Balance:
    548Coins
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    hello igor,
    simply connect the cables as in the photo, the three wires that are in connection in connection tx and rx, 2 wires are carrying over Vcc and ground, as if colleagues in the picture will still work!
    bye
    micma80
  11. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I never had the time to look into circuit in detail. So, I understand your point, and guess you're right about it :thbup:
  12. jdmevo123

jdmevo123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

Still nothing, If i use my atmega break out board can I simply just take the pin outs on the atmega to the coresponding pots and H bridge lines? Will that work?

Does anyone have a circuit for this or would I jsut copy Thanos circuit from the pins on the atmega through to the h bridge ect?

Would that work?