1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Aircores & Ardurino Controller

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by wimpo`, Jun 15, 2010.

1. herctrap

herctrap Member

Balance:
    243Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the pcb with the compoments

or the pcb with the uC and the ftdi chip
  2. james wheeler

james wheeler Active Member

Balance:
    216Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Is this thread dead?
    I have a project i am working on and am looking for help with.

I am using a volkswagon jetta dashboard for my simulator and it has what I believe to be 4 air cores in it. Tac, speedo, fuel and temp. I don't care if the fuel and temp work but I would like the Tac and speedo to.

I have never done anything like this before and in fact have only started building my simulator a couple of months ago.

I have no true experience or understanding of electronics either.

My simulator works but i would like to spruce it up a bit with the gauges.

So... I have brought this project to light on my thread and @eaorobbie has been helpful enough to suggest taking them out and replacing them with stepper motors.

So i am weighing my options.

My concerns are. First getting the aircores out without wrecking the board, 2: having the steppers fit, without shorting out the board and if I were to keep the aircores whether i would have to usr the wiring harness or connect directly to them.

I have 2 vw boards now because one doesn't work. So i can remove those aircores to practice with.

I have a uno r3 board to work with too.
    Any help would be awesome.

I noticed that there is a lot of talk about x-sim. Is it even possible to uae aircores with sim tools?
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Not sure if this ever worked , he seem to disappear, we never got the full story.