1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

A good start kit?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by AldoZ, Sep 5, 2010.

1. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Hello all.
    I find the SimXperience Motion Starter Kit
    http://www.simxperience.com/Store/tabid ... fault.aspx

Is the good start to have all the necessary items to start to make some experiment?

The only missed thing is a Synaptrix or USO device right? or i need something other?

The price, 1200$ it's a good price? Can i find same components with a low price ?

Are there the right compatibility with X-SIM?

Thank you!
  2. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Hi AldoZ.

Yes you could probably save a bit of money by getting the components yourself but I don't think you're going to save a tremendous amount. You then have to build the frame, assemble everything and get it all working.

Bernard's products save you the hassle as you have everything you need plus you know there's support available if you need it. You can of course get plenty of support on these forums if you'r going down the DIY route but in selling a commercial product Bernard obviously has a vested interest in making sure his customers are happy.

It really depends I suppose on whether you want the enjoyment of putting something together yourself or whether you just want to get something that you can start enjoying the use of fairly quickly. As they say you pays your money and takes your choice.

You might be interested to learn that Bernard offers a 5% discount to X-Sim members.

Regards
    Iain
  3. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Roadster2 in first thank you. I am really interested to build a simple 2DOF moving platform (the classic one with the universal joint for pivot + 2 actuators behind)

Now, i would to ask you a BIG favour..

which are the components related to actuators? From your answer i understand this universal kit have ALL the necessary items for my objective about the actuators matter?
    In other words, with this kit i can do all? or i need something other?

Can you provide me a simple list of the devices i need, related to the actuators?

Thank you really much in advance
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    An actuator is the part that converts one form of energy (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc) into mechanical energy (motion). This can be the SCN5's in the Starter Kit, a wiper motor, etc.

The Starter Kit you are looking at is a good way to start off with. If you have the budget and they fit your mechanical construction, IMO that is your best choice. You still get to build most of the simulator, but you save yourself a lot of frustration building the electronics and getting them to work if you are new to these type of things. The kit includes the 2 SCN5 actuators, USB-RS485 adapters and the required power supply in the black box, you just plug it in, build your frame, and you have motion.

You could also look into MaxDamage's simulator thread and check out his DC motor solution. I don't know how much money you would spend at the end, but you would need to put everything together and fine tune each PID controller.
    maxdamage-s-simulator-2dof-with-dc-gearmotor-t2600.html
  5. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Thank you frakk.
    So, the only outside component in this kit are the Synaptrix devices?
    Or maybe i can connect my X-Sim Software directly to the devices of the kit?

I need just to know if synaptrix / USO devices are included in this kit.

Thank you
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You don't need anything. Synaptrix / USO is just the part of Profiler that let's you set up the communication between the SX3000 and X-Sim.
    Thats all you have to worry about.
  7. AldoZ

AldoZ Member

Pc Shop
    Balance:
    366Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Ahh perfect! Now i know what i need. And now I understand Synaptrix / USO are just 2 plugin in the force profiler2. These 2 plugins are the plugin for connect my force profiler to the SX3000!.

Thank you!!