1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6DOF Work in progress

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by beng2k, Jul 26, 2017.

1. beng2k

beng2k Member

Balance:
    213Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    No I did not. Can you show on a picture where to cut as a see a few places that say that
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
  3. beng2k

beng2k Member

Balance:
    213Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    So I did as directed by the video. I verified no continuity between the 8bit side and center pins. Still this is the result

Position 0-49 3.5v
    @ 49% it changes to 2.3 volts very rapidly
    It then has somewhat fine output until position 64 then stays at 1.1v until I hit 100
  4. beng2k

beng2k Member

Balance:
    213Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Well I managed to get it to move. With me in it. Under my control! I setup the heave as DOF1 with heave at 50 and DOF2 as roll at 50 on all axis to test as I actually have no idea what I'm doing and trial by fire is kinda my way LOL

All the actuators need to be better centered and some other small things but hell yes!

Now some observations so far

AMC doesn't seem to ever send 2.5v by my multimeter at positions 49 but sends close to 2.35 so I programmed the sabertooths to use that at input center.

It's also PID 25/0/0, motor speed 30

The actuator movement length is also only.about 50% of what it could be, how would I go about adjusting that.

All in all I'm super stoked about it. But I'm now leaving my other half and I'm.not sure when I can work on it next until things are settled.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,683Coins
    Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    That's so cool! It's moving so smooth.
    I have the same problem with actuator only moving about 50% of the full length they could. Either there is something to program in the Arduino program, or maybe add a potentiometer between the ground and 5v to change the range, I don't know. If you have a solution, please send it my way.
    "Leaving my other half", sound sad.
  6. beng2k

beng2k Member

Balance:
    213Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Sad yes. Never easy but just isn’t working anymore.

I’m wondering if it was something to do with PID or motor speed but I’ll look into next time.

A little noisy due to the ball bearing guides and one arm is slightly binding but thank god it moves.

Getting closer and closer
    • Like Like x 1