1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question 6DOF TEST MACHINE

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by MikeRuzzo22, Jun 1, 2022.

1. MikeRuzzo22

MikeRuzzo22 New Member

Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello everybody,
    after almost a year i finally finish to build a 6DOF RIG, not for FUN, but to TEST product at work!
    We are a bike carrier manufacturer and the idea is to test our products in the platform instead driving on the road. In this way we can speed up a lot the devolop of the new products or a new components or materials..and it's a lot safer!
    I order the actuators from PT-Actuator, the controller is form THANOS and i'm trying to use it with FlyPT Mover. Everything seems to work and we already perform some tests, the issues i have are related to settings the software.
    Sometime we want to use DIRT as imput to simulate the real drive ( i can do this, but the movement of the platform is not accurate and it's really aggressive! ) and sometime we want to send a waveform in order to compare different materials with exactly the same test.
    FlyPT Mover has a source loop function to do this, but onlt 2 actuators works correctly, other 2 have a limited movement and the last two doesn't move at all...is it ok? Is there a way to move all the actuators in the same way? Have a look at the video to see what's happen now.

Thank you all to help me to solve this problem or set up the system correctly ( i spent a lot of time until now, but i can't do more by myself...)

2. hooshang

hooshang Active Member

Balance:
    289Coins
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, AC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    could you put all pictures of your setting on Source,Pose,Rigs and Output?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MikeRuzzo22

MikeRuzzo22 New Member

Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
  4. MikeRuzzo22

MikeRuzzo22 New Member

Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I didn't touch anything from the original settings, except the actuators order as explained in the FlyPt Mover website
    actuators order.png

Attached Files:

5. hooshang

hooshang Active Member

Balance:
    289Coins
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    would you double check your wiring again?
    and more i recommend you test your rig also with Simtools for testing every each actuators separately
  6. hooshang

hooshang Active Member

Balance:
    289Coins
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    before please setup your Sourse Loop as this picture and try again,
    as you can see just chose vertical acceleration
    Screenshot 2022-06-07 19.18.14.png
  7. MikeRuzzo22

MikeRuzzo22 New Member

Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    so...it seems to work! and it was so easy...thank you so much, sometime you are so close to the result and you didn't know!
    In the meantime today i also watched a youtube tutorial about how to set up DIRT 2 in order to record some real drive and send it in loop. Tomorrow i'll test everything with the platform and let you know.
    Thanks again for now
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. hooshang

hooshang Active Member

Balance:
    289Coins
    Ratings:
    +157 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    :thumbs