1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

6DOF Hexapod Using 750w AC Servos

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Guy Holden, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Guy Holden

Guy Holden New Member

Power Systems Technician
    Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Here Is my Rendition of Peacemaker's v2 actuators, the guide will be printed out of PETG and epoxied to the carbon tube and then bolted to the ball nut using M5x50 cap head screws, to prevent layer separation and to hopefully make it stronger, a 2mm thick aluminium washer will go on top. I will also add a rubber bump stop for calibration, I just haven't figured out the best way to make that yet. the guide rods will be 10mm stainless or aluminium bar with 5mm holes drilled and tapped in each end. On top of the actuator I am using IGUS bearings that will be housed in the 3d print with a cap on top. I will be posting updates as parts arrive, any feedback would be appreciated. Actuator ball nut mount.JPG Actuator Carbon Rod Bearing.JPG Actuator overview.JPG
  2. Guy Holden

Guy Holden New Member

Power Systems Technician
    Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    All parts have arrived, prototype actuator mostly assembled, ready to build the real thing x6 20230126_212129.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Guy Holden

Guy Holden New Member

Power Systems Technician
    Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Putting my cnc to work building motor mounts 20230129_153839.jpg 20230129_153851.jpg 20230129_153826.jpg 20230129_153851.jpg 20230129_153839.jpg 20230129_153826.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Guy Holden

Guy Holden New Member

Power Systems Technician
    Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Custom parts collection is getting bigger! day's of printing and hours of machining I'm almost done

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Guy Holden

Guy Holden New Member

Power Systems Technician
    Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Simulator Coming together nicely, waiting 20230218_205151.jpg on pedals and monitors to arrive
    • Like Like x 4